PDA

View Full Version : Tuna !!!!

striperblues
09-13-2005, 06:14 AM
I finally thought I was cured of tuna fever after the RI blitz recently. To be honest, it all seemed too easy.....not that I am complaining.

I got an opportunity to to go out with a good friend yesterday afternoon and managed my largest tuna to date on the fly...not a monster by any means, but it was extremely challenging just to get the boat near these fish, let alone get one to take. They were barely showing at times and other times they were rolling slowly and happily around sipping tiny bait.

It hit home that what happened in RI this year was a bit of a blessing and certainly not to be expected as an annual occurance. I loved every minute of it...but yesterday's single fish was as satisfying as any.

chainsaw42
09-13-2005, 06:27 AM
where were you yesterday?

Capt. Wayne Frieden
09-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Good for you! Congrats!! It's not easy getting one on the fly in Mass. Bay or Cape Cod Bay.
I'd be curious to know what fly you were using.

Best,
Capt. Wayne
http://www.reeldreamcharters.com

striperblues
09-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Wayne...hope you are doing well. You may not recall this but I caught my first striper on the fly with you several years back just off the Logan Airport.

I was using a chartreuse over white 1 1/2 inch peanut bunker pattern.

PAX
09-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Beautiful fish. Great pic!

e-sea-e
09-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I finally thought I was cured of tuna fever after the RI blitz recently. To be honest, it all seemed too easy.....not that I am complaining.

I got an opportunity to to go out with a good friend yesterday afternoon and managed my largest tuna to date on the fly...not a monster by any means, but it was extremely challenging just to get the boat near these fish, let alone get one to take. They were barely showing at times and other times they were rolling slowly and happily around sipping tiny bait.

It hit home that what happened in RI this year was a bit of a blessing and certainly not to be expected as an annual occurance. I loved every minute of it...but yesterday's single fish was as satisfying as any.

where did you get the fish, generally speaking? cape ann, CC bay? just looking for general info to plan for the weekend. PM me if you like.

thanks.

Chuckster
09-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Awesome pic... have it enlarged, hang it on the wall in your den or office, and enjoy it for a lifetime!

Congrats!

OceanRunner
09-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Great fish on a fly. Nice pic!