PDA

View Full Version : New England Patriots lose & The New York Jets WIN!!

bigblue
09-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Yippee!! --127-3-

NickB
09-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Y-A-W-N Yawn yawn yawn.

Manomartian
09-19-2005, 09:00 AM
I thought there would NEVER be a football thread started. Thanks bigblue for giving me a forum to congratulate the New England Football Patriots for winning three of the last four Super Bowls. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

And congratulations to the NY Jets for winning the second game of the season against the Dolphins, who were 4-12 last year. --127-3- (#$119)

CMP
09-19-2005, 09:08 AM
J-E-T-S, suck suck suck. The Pats tossed out a stinker yesterday to be sure, but I trust in Bill and they will rebound. Therein lies the difference between the joisey jets and the World Champs. Jets in the post-season? Fuhgetaboutit...

CMP

bigblue
09-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Rejoice....The King is dead! The King is dead! --123-3

Long live the King! (NY Jets) --127-3-

ducatiboy
09-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Jets?????? hahahaha Drop the pipe, and back away. Oh wait, Yankees still Suck too ! --127-3-

Soundking
09-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Yep, the entire AFC east is tied, any more stunning, in-depth observations, Dr. Z? The patriots did indeed loose. They played like dogsh*t away against one of the best teams in the NFL. They lost by ten. I believe the Jets lost to Kansas City, a suck-tastic team by 30+ points? So, how well do you know your team? Could you analyze individual and team matchups? I don't think that you could. Could you even name three different coverage packages? I also don't think you know anything about the game and art of football, the most basic, rudimentary coaching points are likely beyond you. I'm sure the only thing you can point to about the patriots is something along the lines of "pretty boy brady will get hurt". Genious observations, Bigblue, ESPN needs a new analyist and you should audition!

Mark Cahill
09-19-2005, 11:18 AM
One game doth not a season make.

Let's consider this topic closed...

fleshfly
09-19-2005, 12:23 PM
You don't have to know football, to know that BRADY isn't a leader. he looked scared, frustrated, and beat up. He didn't handle the "L" like a supestar QB that most of you comare him to. I am just suprised we didn't see him bust out some tissues. --124-3

Better get used to the Pats at 500, you'll be lucky if they have 3-3 start.

The only good thing is that you have FLUTIE as a back up.

THIS IS THE YEAR, the BRADY empire is over. He'll be lucky if he can get an assitant coach job at Bunker Hill Community College is 5 years.....

bigblue
09-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Lol! --126-3-

edsly42
09-19-2005, 12:53 PM
"You don't have to know football, to know that BRADY isn't a leader"
wow, haha. you musta missed the last couple of super bowls. one loss against a good carolina team, little mistakes got them beat. cant win em all, Pats will bounce back.

bigblue
09-19-2005, 12:57 PM
One game doth not a season make.

Let's consider this topic closed...

Sorry, Mark...I just had to rib you guys a little bit. You guys up there had the World Champion Baseball AND Football teams last year and we haven't had squat for years. --123-3

DuffyB
09-19-2005, 01:10 PM
How do you know Tom Brady isn't a leader when it comes to football? Wouldn't surprise me if he has birds and green machines the likes of which ordinary football players only dream about :)

Steelheader
09-19-2005, 02:08 PM
So would he be considered a spun-gel, flourocarbon, or generic mono leader, ...with a taper or straight?

bigblue
09-19-2005, 02:27 PM
"Braid-ey" :-P

e-sea-e
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
You don't have to know football, to know that BRADY isn't a leader. he looked scared, frustrated, and beat up. He didn't handle the "L" like a supestar QB that most of you comare him to. I am just suprised we didn't see him bust out some tissues. --124-3

Better get used to the Pats at 500, you'll be lucky if they have 3-3 start.

The only good thing is that you have FLUTIE as a back up.

THIS IS THE YEAR, the BRADY empire is over. He'll be lucky if he can get an assitant coach job at Bunker Hill Community College is 5 years.....

are you kidding me? I will admit he looked alitte un-bradylike, confused, frustrated, etc.., but he has proved himself in years past. the pats will be fine. even if they end up 3-3 over the first six weeks, they'll still end up 11-4.

wasabi
09-19-2005, 03:03 PM
I thought that only "fishing" topics were allowed here . . .

So I'll do a little to tie this topic in with some fishing. Willie McGinest and a few other Patriots who live in Marina Bay are "Monday Morning" anglers. I've actually spoke to some guy who set up some gear for Willie. Could it have been that they've been thinking too much lately about "football" tuna instead of keeping their minds on football of the pigskin variety?

Once this incredible fishing season ends, I'm sure it will be football business back to usual.

Soundking
09-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Brady is still the best quarterback in the NFL today, ask an NFL player who has played against him and they will echo what I said. Stats are crap..Before you judge Brady as QB study his film, look at what he does that stats and the average fan cannot see. Look at how he moves in the pocket, how he feels pressure and slides while keeping his eyes through his progression. Nobody does that like Brady. Look, you will never score two touchdowns in the NFL against a defense like Carolina if you are facing 1st and 25, 1st and 15, ect...

That Witherspoon pick was a fantastic play by the linebacker and Brady was correct in his read of an obvious cover-1 mismatch of an LB on a slot reciever. The 5 yard-out route that Brown was running is the ideal route against man underneath and a modified cover-2 package over the top. It is a staple of a three-step drop package in the west-coast offense. Just a very solid play. Yes, there were some wild throws but that has to be expected when your facing a 5-7 man rush and very frustrated.

Furthermore, how do you get anything going when you have 34 total rushing yards all game? 2.9 YPC just isn't going to get it done. The only decent play we made in the running game is when Dillon bounced it outside against a middle blitz and had a big running lane on the weakside of the play. A heads up play by Dillon, but schematically the gameplan sucked. The trap game should have worked, and the pulls were there, but something was just missing. Mankins will be great but he's still not at Andruzzi's level on running those 25-power's that was a staple last year. Also, not having Neal really hurt, he's great in space and has outstanding athleticism...one of the best pullers in the league, he comes out of that bucket step so fast and gets downhill great.

The D played great. Anyone still doubting that Seymour is the best lineman in the league is a moron. The hype is coming soon to Wilfork too, he's going to replace Casey Hampton as the best nose in the NFL this year. Beisel and Brown looked better too. The secondary is starting to get banged up, but we still have the best safety tandem in the league. Hobbs will get better with time. James Sanders and Guss Scott will make some solid contributions as well.

Special teams was also very very scary. How do you win when you loose all that field position? Miller was hitting 45-70 yard punts but they were getting returned like 60 yards. That can't happen and it isnt patriot football. They win with excecution and special teams, and when they dont do that they loose. Same as the Miami game last year.

They just looked overall like crap. But, I steadfastly believe they will smoke Pittsburgh and rebound in a big way. Don't forget that they are playing the hardest schedule in history of the NFL. Tony Dungy is still twisting arms around the league and trying to ruin football. And let's face it, the league wants a more marketable, media-friendly champ. If they come out 3-2 after these next few weeks of the schedule I will be happy.

Bob Parsons
09-19-2005, 03:23 PM
If they make the playoffs great, if not great.

I wouldn't put it quite that way. But certainly agree that Brady has given us a great ride and will bounce back regardless of the end of season record, we going to see some good football. (unless we are watching ... no never mind)

fleshfly
09-19-2005, 04:35 PM
Regardless why did it look like he was going to cry? I don't care of how great he is or what he did in the past. To almost cry on national TV is embarassing. --124-3 --124-3 --124-3 --124-3

Rebound or not, it sure is going to be a lot of fun watching the Pats have an 0-2 start. --127-3- --127-3- --127-3- --127-3-

outnumbered
09-19-2005, 07:23 PM
fleshfly

When you win more super bowls than the Pats then maybe you can walk the walk but all you can do for now is talk.