PDA

View Full Version : 10/18 from the shore

MatthewP
10-19-2005, 08:53 AM
I started at plymouth beach in the am. It was slow going, so I checked spots to the south - sagamore, scussett, horizons, old harbor, etc. spent the day fishing between these spots and finished the day back at plymouth. The wind obviously pushed the fish off shore a bit (read keepah's and scottne's reports). final tally - 18 schoolies. Met two other flyfisherman at old harbor - guy named Paul and his dad, Al. Not sure if they were reel-timers. If so, nice to meet you guys and fish with you. Driving home last night, I was thinking alot about that fat lady. Sounds like there are still a ton of fish around. Hope they come in close again. I'm definitely not ready to put the gear away yet.

Yozuri-Man
10-19-2005, 09:28 AM
As reported already, there was a ridiculous amount of bass and birds in the afternoon>evening north of the east end. I caught the tail end towards low tide. Small fish, thought about trying after dark closer to high tide but I didn't. I'm sure there were bigger fish around offshore seeing those gannets diving into the bigger bait.

The south side inlets have been incredible around dusk/after dark. Nothing big, but all soild low-mid 20" fish. I'm sure bigger ones are around as well. Pick any inlet from falmouth to chatham and bounce jigs or soft plastic. It really doens't get any easier if your looking to lose some skin off your thumbs :) .

MatthewP
10-19-2005, 09:40 AM
aaaaarrrrgggg!!!!! Nothing like twisting the knife, scott. :rolleyes: thanks for the tips, guys. Now, how to tell my boss.....

MatthewP
10-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Not much on math, but this equation seems to be an absolute truth:

Stuck at work = 100% guaranteed good weather and tons of fish.

"Hey, boss, I'm pretty much useless now, anway. See you tomorrow?".

ducatiboy
10-19-2005, 10:36 AM
work rhymes with Jerk ! I'm stuck at work too, and I'm the bossman. Work sux...Work sux...

G-Man
10-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi guys,
I owe a buddy a favor and want to get him into some decent stripers on Friday.

Trouble is I have never launched from the South Shore.
Is the ramp in Plymouth the best bet?

Is there a ramp closer to the action you see on the beaches south of Plymouth?

I have a 17 ft boat.
A PM with some advice, sure would be appreciated.
Thanks much
-G