PDA

View Full Version : Abaco Accomodations

gammarus
11-10-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm working on a trip for myself and 3 others this may. I'm hoping to return to either Cherokee sound or Causarina point. I stayed there 3 years ago with a friend who was an outfitter so I never found out how much the rent was. The guys want to keep the cost low ao I'm searching for something in the 800 to 1200 dollar range per week. We plan to share a guide for 4 days with 2 people in the boat and two people DIY. Any suggestions?

Jim Royston
11-10-2005, 04:04 PM
I sent you an email. If you need more info, I'll be glad to help.

Pati
11-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I have a cottage located in Abaco, on Lubbers Quarter. Not exactly the location you are looking for. We have many people bonefish from our cottage and hire a guide who picks them up at the dock. We have 3 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, and running a off season special right now.

Our guest had fun catching 8lb bonefish!!!

Hope this will work for you, email me for more info.

Patti
http://www.summerviewcottage.com

SpexnReds
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
ok this is really off the beaten path, but it's alot of fun and an unbeatable experience of a life time-if you don't know what you are doing, or if someone in your group doesn't, then forget about it. Fly into Abaco, and bring some durable sea kayak's or rafts with motors. Basically, what you do is, you go around on your boats to isolated points on the islands and set up tents for that night. this is where the BIGGGGGG bones are, and plus, it's an experience you never, ever forget. You catch your own dinner, you be your own guides, and you learn more about bonefishing in 4 days than you will learn in a lifetime fishing with a guide telling you what to do all the time. If you can't navigate with a map and compass, forget about it. for those who are not capable of this, it can be very dangerous. but if you have the skills, go for it-it's alot of fun, just one hell of a bonefishing experience you and your friends can remember. this is truly flyfishing the flats it's finest, and it's cheap as hel-something everyone has to do before they die.

gammarus
11-14-2005, 10:26 PM
That's something I definately have planned for the future.None in my group are experienced in that sort of thing.