PDA

View Full Version : Corsair Foiler Cat 22'

flyfishsalt
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
I am in the process of writing a full review on this boat, but I thought I would pass this information along because there is a demo boat in the Cape Cod region that is for sale, and we used that boat as a test boat today. This boat has a great ride. It is very smooth and fast. I tested the boat with 1/2 fuel and 4 adults. It was rigged with the Suzuki 140 HP Four-Stroke motors and 3 blade Stainless Steel Props. The boat also has a large T-top. I was able to get 31.5 MPH at 4000 RPM's and WOT on this boat was around 46 MPH around 5800 RPM's. I tested the time to plane with four large adults on board and it was very quick. Again I think this was helped by the hydra-foil. The contruction of the boat is muck like the other Cats in this price range and it comes with the usual amenities. In particular this demo boat is for sale with a beautiful trailer (torsion axle, stainless surge brakes) and the Suzuki motors have around 60 hours on them. Anyone in the market for a new boat should get a ride on this one and check out the ride for yourselves. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

The web site for this boat company is :

http://www.corsairmarine.com/0FoilerIndex.htm

dusty
11-11-2005, 09:11 PM
A buddy of mine out in San Diego was involved with the design and build of that boat. I've been wanting to go for a spin for a while now.