PDA

View Full Version : Bluff Point - Groton CT

PetermaxH
11-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Fished the beach along Bluff Point from 10am until 4pm. Along with another fisherman that I ran into we caught quite a few schoolies and 1 blue on poppers primarily. The fish that we were catching weren't breaking but were just there all along the beach. We witnessed several large schools of fish under birds to the right of Fishers Island that were working for over an hour in one case. There wasn't one boat out to take advantage. Overall great day to finish the season. I'm from New Hampshire and was returning home from a conference, in that area, when I decided to give it one last try. The fat lady isn't singing yet but I think she warming up those vocal cords Good luck to anyone who can get out there over the week end.

DAQ
11-20-2005, 09:40 AM
I cut my Striper fishing teeth in the 70's and early 80's fishing from Fort Shantok down to the mouth. I have many fond memories of pulling all nighters with my father on the jetties and piers catching Stripers, Blues and Weaks then Scup and Tog during the day.

I always loved watching the subs come up and down the river. Back then we were able to fish on the Naval base. It was interesting catching fish off of one side of the pier when there was Naval ships and submarines on the other. When fishing was slow we would make my dad take us on the subs or ships.

D