PDA

View Full Version : horrible call

dunky
01-14-2006, 08:46 PM
pass interference my *** what a horrible call.

TFOLE
01-14-2006, 08:58 PM
They tried to rob us saying Samuel was out of bounds but we got that one back..... But they raped us with one of the worst P.I calls I've ever seen. I realize for ref's the PI call is one of the toughest but this was outrageous !!!

... Pat's have to solve Denver's blitz package at the half................

bass3six
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Agreed...that was a lousy pass interference call!
Fumbling ain't helping either.....
Lynch may kill Brady....1/2 time adjustment needed BIG TIME!

albacized
01-14-2006, 09:45 PM
It appears that whatever halftime adjustments were made are working....except that they are still making mistakes (as the score just became 17-6). But at least they're moving the ball finally.

albacized
01-14-2006, 10:02 PM
That last fumble that just occured may be game set match

albacized
01-14-2006, 10:26 PM
It's over now....

haguebrook
01-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Lynch didn't do squat all game. He is THE most overrated safety in the league. Go do another Chunk soup commercial, Lynch. :mad:

FishHawk
01-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Pat's played a sloppy game. FishHawk

BobG
01-15-2006, 09:06 AM
In the final analysis, I don't think that bad call had much of an influence on the final outcome of the game.
When you turn the ball over 5 times in a playoff game you get what you deserve. :rolleyes:

swashy
01-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Denver didn't win that game...the Pats lost it. As Bob pointed out, you simply can't turn it over that much and expect to win.

Although a little hard to tell...on the interception play...I believe that ball went through the end zone. It was in his right hand when the hit came and he hit the pylon..it had to of gone through.

albacized
01-15-2006, 09:27 AM
In the final analysis, I don't think that bad call had much of an influence on the final outcome of the game.
When you turn the ball over 5 times in a playoff game you get what you deserve. :rolleyes:

I agree with that. Although that call didn't help, in the second half, the Pats offense was moving all over Denver's defense only to cough it up at the most inopportune times. Ultimately, the mistakes they made were collectively the back breaker, not the call.

BobG
01-15-2006, 09:34 AM
I've got to say though, I've gained a whole new respect for Samuel! I can't believe he didn't lose his composure of that call at the end of the half.

swashy
01-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I don't know about that. While the officials were making the call, you could see the other guys holding him back in the background. He came up with some good picks last week (which I was lucky enough to be at) and this week but a lot of catches get made around him too. Sometimes I feel like he leaves a little too much distance hoping it gets thrown in his direction so that he can make a pick. Too often in ends in a reception.

albacized
01-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I've got to say though, I've gained a whole new respect for Samuelson! I can't believe he didn't lose his composure of that call at the end of the half.

Although in a short period of time, he got burned on a deep ball (during the drive that Denver went for the 4 down conversion from around the 2 yard line and was stuffed) and then had that call go against him, I think overall, he played better than I would've suspected.
In fact, overall, the 'D' played pretty well. The only aspect of the defense I was disappointed with was that with the turnovers the offense were giving, I would've hoped that during one of those short field drives, the defense could've made a stand and more or less said 'don't worry offense, we got your back covered'. And that didn't happen. They played well but couldn't come up clutch in those moments (save for that 4th and short stuff). I also wish they could've gotten more pressure on the quarterback.

dunky
01-15-2006, 11:47 AM
i started this post at halftime,while frustrated. i know the penalty wasn't why we lost,you can't turn the ball over 5X and win. i tip my hat to them they never quit. how bout Watson coming all the way across the field,thats heart.i have enjoyed watching them the last few years what a ride,you have to tip your hat to denver they took advantage of turnovers and did just enough to win,sound familiar. after a 4/4 start bellicek did a hell of a job getting them to over come al their injuries and make it this far.i've been tring to explain," you can't win em all" to my 9 yr old son,hard for him to understand after watching both the sox and pats the last few years. he is spoiled and just expects them to win every time.i was a season ticket holder through the 2-14's and 1-15's. my hats off to the patriots. i have enjoyed this.
i'm proud to be a patriots fan,chris

yeslew
01-16-2006, 05:03 PM
--126-3- Gentlemen I beleive you gotta step up and take credit where credit is due (#$119) (or not due!). Mr Brady :eek: came back to earth and landed in Colorado!!
Fumbles were not the only turnovers, and the officiating stunk up the place but If he hits half of the WIDE open receivers the games outcome is different!
Pats D was dominant in 2nd half despite the football follies.
Pats could have used Mr Weiss as a special consultant for the playoffs :brow .
Lastly...I agree with Mr Colvins' assessment ot Mangini going to the Jets --123-3
o.k. I'm done Venting...but I knew the Steelers would be in Foxboro --124-3

buccobruce
01-16-2006, 08:35 PM
three super bowls in five years now is pretty phenomenal. the patriots ducked out and acquitted themselves well in a difficult season filled with injuries, lost coordinators, difficult schedule etc. what has become so fun to watch is to see the yankees and their fans suffering through every game, losing in the first round and looking like they just emerged from an 170 game run of torture while spending 200 million in the process. the patriots losing in the second round in a salary cap sport after basically playing the equivalent of an extra season(an extra month for three years) the last few years is not so bad.