PDA

View Full Version : April Charter w/kids help?

Cuttbow
03-15-2006, 04:59 PM
My wife's running the Boston Marathon. I'm taking the kids down in support. The opportunity to extend by a day to add a fishing charter is hugely appealing. I fly fish, and April seems early to me. But maybe cod or something on conventional tackle. Any reliable recommendations, good with kids, for a day trip?

mendy
03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey there,

April is early for flyfishing in the Boston area. We reliably see the first push of fresh fish by the second week of May. Though with the mild winter, who knows what will happen this year.

Marathon weekend is a good time to codfish. There are a number of party boats that run out of the area including the American Classic out of Lynn.

Please feel free to PM me for more info and best of luck to your wife.

John

Pauper Piscator
03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Not being trite.

Take the kids to the Aquarium, Childrens Museum, or something else. They would be miserable on a head boat in April. Cod fishing is a snooze for kids. Little arms will quickly grow tired of cranking and little bellies are always a crap shoot. Besides, what are you going to do wiht a big cooler ful of cod fillets? If you are a total degenerate junkie, a little half day mackeral fishing might take the edge off.

Good for the Mrs! My wife ran it in 01. Freak. Little tip though...make sure the event is all about HER or you will PAY. Hear me now or believe me later.

If she likes marathons, talk her into the Cape Cod Marathon in October. THAT could be some very good fishing.

http://www.capecodmarathon.com/