PDA

View Full Version : Chatham/Harwich Bottom Fishing

twick
04-03-2006, 11:08 AM
I know this is a fly fishing oriented site, but I thought folks might have ideas about where to take my 5 year old nephew bottom fishing for flounder, scup, tautog, etc. My nephew and his family are visiting from Philadelphia and staying in Chatham for a weekend this June. I want to get the little one hooked on fishing so that some day he can grow into a fly fisherman. We are looking for a charter captain to take 4-6 people out for half a day to bottom fish. Any ideas on specific charter fishermen greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tyler

DLWKFW
04-03-2006, 12:17 PM
If you have a boat, fishing back up in Stage harbor between Morris Island and the SHYC should get you some flat fish. You can also fish from the bridge on Bridge Street for flounder and fluke. I happen to prefer an out - going when fishing the bridge, but you'll get a thousand opinions on that. I don't know of any tautog hangouts other than near the canal. I don't know of charters targeting those species in Chatham, but I think that there are some charters that run out of Harwichport.

Why not fish for stripers from the beach? June is fantastic and you'll be able to escape easily of the bite is off.

twick
04-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the specific ideas. I don't own a boat but the bridge idea is a good one. Ideally I find a charter captain in Harwichport who really knows his stuff so that the kids can get their rods bent.

OffshoreAngler
04-03-2006, 04:23 PM
TWICK, I sent you a private message.

Thank you,

Captain Mike Mathews
www.offshoreanglercharters.com (http://www.offshoreanglercharters.com)
mm@offshoreanglercharters.com