PDA

View Full Version : who else likes Netters lures?

JSeamans
04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I like their 6" Tufcore leadhead sand lance in ice blue. From the kayak that was my #1 spinning lure last year, tied with the pearl unweighted Slug-go.

One afternoon in Maine I was paddling through a cut against a heavy tide and of course had to keep trolling the lance and it got whacked every time through so I had to drift down and paddle back about 10 times because, being a fisherman, I couldn't resist the urge to troll it again and again despite the fact that my arms were about to fall off.

I just ordered my supply for 2006.

Lurch
04-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Those lures are KILLER!!! I caught 50+ fish on one lure!!! I wish they made like a 9 or 10'' lance for the canal.

I know they make an 8'' eel but are only attached to a 1.5oz lead head (I will be ordering some soon) but if they made some 10 or 11'' eels attached to a heavy lead head for the canal it would be a KILLER lure!

I sent an e-mail asking if they could make some but I have not received a reply.

Anyone know the owner to see if I could get some made??

If anyone from netters is listening PLEASE PLEASE make some larger ones.

bdowning
04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Took the words right outta my mouth. I wish they made larger ones (I'm a Canal guy too). But I think you'll see more small manufacturers pop up with variations on hand-poured plastics in the near future. Particularly in view of the fact that live eels are probably going to leap in price this summer and the Feds are threatening to ban catching, possession, or sale in 2007.

Plus eel imitations, rigged and worked right, work nearly as well as the real thing anyway. Some would say better than the real thing...

-bd

Trapper
04-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Never tryed Netter lures but I went to the web site and they look realy nice. Wide range of colors! Hard to beat Bass Assasains but always willing to try new stuff!

Lurch
04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Rubber is rubber but the thing that differentiates Netters from everyone else is the tuff core technology. I have honestly caught over 50 bass and BLUE FISH on 1 lance due to the tuff core technology. The Blue fish tear through the ruber but have a difficult time tearing through the core.

Netters if you are listening PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make some pre rigged (3oz-5oz) larger 10'' - 13'' eels/lances for the Canal.....NAME YOUR PRICE!!!

If you dont want to make some sell me the company and I will make them ;)

JSeamans
04-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Rubber is rubber but the thing that differentiates Netters from everyone else is the tuff core technology. I have honestly caught over 50 bass and BLUE FISH on 1 lance due to the tuff core technology. The Blue fish tear through the ruber but have a difficult time tearing through the core.

Netters if you are listening PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make some pre rigged (3oz-5oz) larger 10'' - 13'' eels/lances for the Canal.....NAME YOUR PRICE!!!

If you dont want to make some sell me the company and I will make them ;)

Try calling the number on the web site and leaving a message. The guy called me right back the other day.

JSeamans
04-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Took the words right outta my mouth. I wish they made larger ones (I'm a Canal guy too). But I think you'll see more small manufacturers pop up with variations on hand-poured plastics in the near future. Particularly in view of the fact that live eels are probably going to leap in price this summer and the Feds are threatening to ban catching, possession, or sale in 2007.

Plus eel imitations, rigged and worked right, work nearly as well as the real thing anyway. Some would say better than the real thing...

-bd

Bill - I have some of their natural eels with lead heads.

How, when, and where would you suggest fishing them?

gf2020
04-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Good stuff!

Made in NH by a small outfit, they're always happy to field questions.

Lurch
04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Ill call tomorrow and see if they make them.

bdowning
04-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Jon, I PMed you.

-bd

Block
04-10-2006, 07:59 AM
I happen to friends with the owner of the company and know for a fact he is making a 12" eel on what I believe is a 2.5 ounce head. There have been some issues with the website so they are not showing there. I suppose calling him is your best option at this point.
I have been fishing them for years and as Lurch pointed out, 50 fish can be caught on one lure. We have taken many HUGE bass on those lures. In my opinion, the best soft plastics available.

Lurch
04-10-2006, 08:20 AM
--127-3- --127-3- --127-3-

Get that lead head from 2.5 to 5ozand those things will be flying off the shelves for the areas around the canal.

RJ Martin
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
I bought some of their pre-rigged sand eel lures last year, and, a bunch of spare bodies. The pre-rigged lures are very durable.
I find the spares to be difficult to rig on other brands of heads (like Kalins)
as the split ring is close to the nose of the bait.

The large eels are something I need.....

slepp
04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
we have heard you loud and clear..
netters inc has been a sleeper as far as bait producers has been concerned. we are not a Berkley
but, our small size allows us to adapt to provide what is desired by the fisherman, and your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
we are at work to create better products.
thanks for your support, i suspect you will hear more from us in the near future.
heres to a productive spring and summer to all...
lep

Lurch
04-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Let me know if you need me to test those big 12'' tuff core 4oz-5oz canal eels ;).

BobG
04-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Netter's is really missing the boat by not putting some R&D in large "Slug Go type" baits. Within a short period of time, bait eels will go the way of herring, and everyone will be slinging plastics all over Cape Cod and R.I., not just the canal.

Soundking
04-12-2006, 10:57 AM
Netter's is really missing the boat by not putting some R&D in large "Slug Go type" baits. Within a short period of time, bait eels will go the way of herring, and everyone will be slinging plastics all over Cape Cod and R.I., not just the canal.

Yep!

Lunker City has horrible operations way too much money sunk into overhead, and they can't even fill their orders and get a consistent, forecastable production cycle....Netters should come in and take that market share from them. Small company has the agility to do this...

Lurch
04-12-2006, 12:26 PM
You can buy some 8'' eels now from netters, I know they are not the big 12-16'' bad boys that other locals make but they still should catch some good size fish.

I imagine you could use a worm hook, add some sluggo weights and have a blast....I think I will give that a try and see how the action is.

Slappy
04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
It sounds like the netters folks are listening in...something that the other plastics companies don't do. Doesn't it seem strange that lunker city doesn't aim their big plastic products at striper fishermen? I probably spend over $250 a season on sluggos/finsters and I know that there are many other striper guys that fish like I do.

Netters--I want a lure that I can control the weight on by choosing the jighead size. And I want a jighead that is "flats-style" with the front hook tie so I don't spend my time stuck in the rocks. Simple concepts that no tackle company has put into action.

BobG
04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Netter's, if you're listening, I want a large soft bait I can buy in bulk. 100 at a time, in various color. NOT, in a cardboard/plastic three pack with a single hook. :rolleyes:
I'll bet over the past ten years I've spoke with the people at Lunkercity a dozen times inquiring if I could make a bulk purchase. I understand all the reasons why they make more $$$ selling them three at a time. But, I wasn't really looking to save a ton of $$$, I simply wanted the convienience of having all my baits in my house, on hand, and not having to run to a bait shop once a week, and let everyone see what I'm using.

jaywalker33
04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Do any local tackle shops carry these or are they only available direct from them?

JSeamans
04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Do any local tackle shops carry these or are they only available direct from them?
I order mine from the website. Very easy to use.

SoundBoarder06
04-19-2006, 10:51 PM
So how do you guys fish these? I like to fish the big sluggos on top, but these little 6in are too small to throw unweighted. I love to see Bass come up for sluggos, its like they cant help themselves. so do you fish these unweighted on top? let me know, I love the action, just dont see the applications for 6inchers...

Lurch
04-20-2006, 07:02 AM

I know surfland carried some.

Lurch
04-20-2006, 07:06 AM
So how do you guys fish these? I like to fish the big sluggos on top, but these little 6in are too small to throw unweighted. I love to see Bass come up for sluggos, its like they cant help themselves. so do you fish these unweighted on top? let me know, I love the action, just dont see the applications for 6inchers...

What I have done was take a single hook slide the hook through the ring and cast away. A lighter rod is needed to throw them but the action is killer.

I use the 6'' and the bass love them..

If a big 10'' was made you probably could cast without a lead head.

JSeamans
04-20-2006, 01:12 PM

I've been throwing 6" Slug-gos unweighted for years with no problem, Netters are even easier because of the tufcore and the ring that anchors the hooks so you can pitch them even harder without them loosening or tearing off. I throw them on 12# test with a 30# shock tippet and a loop knot on a Loomis popping rod with either a Cabo or Slammer reel.