PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Bay 5/12 Report

OffshoreAngler
05-12-2006, 11:24 PM
1pm in downtown Boston, Kyle & I decided to tear off the Ties and head to the Cape to do some scouting in Cape Cod Bay. We had a charter scheduled for 5/13 but the weather was just going to be too much so it was postponed. With reports of bigger fish finally moving into other locations, we decided to try a safe spot in Cape Cod Bay just in case the weather got nasty quickly. On our ride down we left gloomy Boston to cross the Sagamore Bridge and see blue skies over Cape Cod Bay and light winds...barely a full flag at the Canal. We launched from Sesuit Harbor in Dennis at 3pm and headed west to a popular early/mid & late season spot. Upon arrival, excitement grew with the presence of lots of Big Birds. First cast we got into the fish...schoolies again and tons of them. We knew the area's low tide was 6pm and we would have to wait it out with the smaller fish until the bottom of the tide. Around 5pm, as predicted, the better fish arrived. The screen on the NavNet looked like a 6 year old on crack coloring with crayons. Fish everywhere and lots of em. Getting to the bottom below the schoolies was the trick and we both managed to get a few 28-29's each (Attached Pics). Kyle fished rubber shads and I had luck on white & bubble gum Sluggo's. Wish I had heavier heads to get down quicker. That will be solved tomorrow morning at the Tackle Shop.

Great Friday evening on the water and the weather was a nice surprise. First break in the storm we are heading back out.

Thanks,

Capt. Mike Mathews
www.offshoreanglercharters.com (http://www.offshoreanglercharters.com/)
mm@offshoreanglercharters.com

OffshoreAngler
05-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Looks like the winds are now forecasted to shift to the Northeast. The weekend is over for me on the boat. For a while it looked like it was going to stay southeast through tomorrow night but not the case--124-3

medburd
05-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Capt we'll have to get our giggles on next week!