PDA

View Full Version : Kennebunkport Last Week Vacation

G-20
08-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Had the boat in at Chick's marina all last week, nice place but expensive. Fished all tides morning and night. Here is the report, mouth of mousam one schoolie, mothers 3 blues all at night, naragansett blanked, moutsan's blanked, blowing cave 1 keeper, cape island blanked, and stage island 22 black flies. It seemed really slow and I could hear all the charter boats begging each other for information. Must have been a bad week for all, someone posted on an earlier thread about lobster traps oh my were there traps. It was like going through a slalom course,and a local gave me the heads up on the new floating lines with the little red bouy between traps great prop saver. next year I think I will keep my boat at the little marina in the back of Federal Jacks, nice sights back there. All in all nice to boat somewhere else and fish. cd

Codfisher
08-07-2006, 08:19 AM
It has been very slow all year because there is no bait to hold the fish when they come in. Last week on Wednesday there where acres of blues on Parsons beach. Went back Thursday and you couldnt buy one. On my way in from Jefferies Friday I took a detour and went from KPort to bald head cliff zigzaggin along the shore. I never marked one fish or any bait the entire way. It has been a strange year.

zipp
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
I've got a Kennebunkport question:

I've seen some huge stripers in the river just off of various piers and docks for shops, hotels and restaurants all the way up to the bridge in town. Is there any area in the river that its illegal to fish (town ordenance or permit required)? I know for example at Scorton's on the Cape, I think you need a permit if you fish up stream from the bridge. I've been on some docks in Kennebunkport and seen big fish almost within arms length, always wanted to bring a rod for a quick sight cast. Anybody know about potential restrictions?

FireFly
08-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Sorry to hear about the slow fishing. Unfortunately the marina behind federal jacks is private with locks on the gates. My folks own a dock there and it's impossible to buy one as an outsider. Anytime they go up for sale they are offered to the existing owners who always scoop them up.

As far as the question regarding fishing on the river... No restrictions that I am aware of and I've fished from the ocean up to picnic rock which is pretty far up river. If you plan on trying it just ask if you see someone or start fishing and politely move if they ask you to. People are extremely friendly in town.

zipp
08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks, headed up there this week so we'll se if anyone yells at me for fishing out of bounds. :)