PDA

View Full Version : 8/12-8/13 north shore tuna report

e-sea-e
08-13-2006, 06:59 PM
headed out saturday morning at first light to start a nice long day of tuna hunting, conditions were terrible, 4-6 footers, came back in.

On sunday it was fishable untill about 6 am, when we found ourselves 11 miles offshore at the spot we wanted to start at. within 15 minutes the 2-3 footers had become 4-6 footers with whitecaps on top.

To get home we had to drive west into this crap, which was driven by a stiff northwest wind. couldnt go more than 9 mph. back to beverly by 8:30am. done for the day.

from what I hear it got better as the day wore on, but not much.

biggest irony: My fiance was gone all weekend and I had planned two 15 hour days with no time limits whatsoever, and mother nature just wouldnt cooperate.

at least I only burned a 1/4 tank of gas this weekend. :)

Junior11
08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
but they are there... we didn't see any jumpers all day saturday on our first tuna charter of the year... we were about to reel them up and make a move.. when a fish tried to pile on. So we set the rigs back out... ended up landing two fish just a little short of 47... so no meat in the box, but atleast that was encouraging. The fish were in some weird tidal edge it seemed, there was definitely some funny water. I talked to salty who we had seen earlier and tried to get him to hang in there, but cell phone difficulty was to blame... THat same difficulty was complicated when my cell phone died a tragic drowning death... that thing was on its ninth live anyways... Atleast somethin good to report anyways although it didn't look fishy at all out there really

saltyric
08-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Junior - Nice work with the fish, and thanks for the heads up on Sat. The seas were just a little too brutal for us to hang around much longer....."May your cell phone rest in peace!"

e-sea-e
08-14-2006, 08:44 AM
nice job junior, we are still trying to get out first fish in the boat. we have had alot of shots the past 2 weeks, but just couldnt get any to eat what we were throwing, which was everything, poppers jigs, etc..

This weekend would have been the time to get our first one, had a great game plan after a week of research and planning but just couldnt execute it due to the big seas. A 22 foot Center console can only handle so much safely. it was a hairy ride back in sunday to say the least.

trying to get out wed or thurs, we'll see how we do.

and Junior, I was going through some photos of the yellowfin trip to the canyons back in 04 and I found a pic of you holding a yellowfin. I forgot you were out on that trip. PM me an email adress and I'll send it to you if you want it.

E