PDA

View Full Version : Maine report....

Capt. John
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Tunas have really picked up here off Portland this week. Lot's of fish showing on the surface from Dawn until around 9:30-10ish. We hooked this 49" fish yesterday on a popper- took 50 minutes to land on 30lb braid. This morning we saw 10-15 pods throughout the morning random feeds had to be within 40 yards to get on them in time for a shot. We did get a few good shots- no love. Did see a 300lb plus LB fish blow out of the water in the bait. Looks like halfbeaks? 4-7 inches long greyhounding all over the place. Water is cold but fish don't seem to care. I hope this big blow this weekend does not effect things to much....Fish were seen from just off 3 miles Portland headlight out to Boomerang ledge. Awesome stuff all good sized fish, I hope they hold on for awhile...

Capt. John
08-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Sorry guys - having trouble trying to upload the pic ???

No Vacancy
08-31-2006, 11:08 PM
Capt. John, I Had The Same Report For Yesterday (wednesday), Pods Crashing Everywhere. Everything Was Close To The Three Mile Line Off Of Saco Bay. Mostly Footballs With The Occational Giant Mixed In. Tried Everything To Get There Attention---no Love! Went To The Three Mile Line Today, No Sign Of Tuna- Only Blue Fish. Blue Fish Were Everywhere. Going Out Friday To Try Again. No Vacancy