PDA

View Full Version : Alutecnos reels

The Dude Abides
09-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Does anyone out there have any experience using Atutecnos reels? Any comments or discussion is welcome.

Uncle Matt
09-14-2006, 11:36 AM
My buddies got a few of the 80 an d 130 class sitting in his garage ready to go. Now all he has to do is buy a boat. They are beautiful, solid reels but too expensive for me. I'm just a working stiff.

The Dude Abides
09-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks UM. They keep catching my eye and I was wondering if the additional expense brings any additional benefits other than the ability to gaze upon them from time-time this coming winter. They sure look purty!

mctrout
09-14-2006, 12:38 PM
have a couple of the fly-reels are really are impressed with the fit/finish and fishability. very nice. Tuna ones are but a dream to me...

stingray
09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Gaffman's boss has a bunch from 50 thru 80 class. They are awesome to say the least. We fished 4 alutecno's 50's for tuna on the sword 3 weeks ago. We boated 18 tuna on stand up gear between 4 guys. They out performed anything I've ever fished. Drags are very smooth, takes a little getting use to. There is a pin underneath the drag lever, you have to depress it for free spool and to also get full drag. A minor inconvenience. I'm trying to save up and buy 2 for myself.

MarkG
09-15-2006, 04:30 AM
I'd recommend talking with Jim Williams, at justreels.com. He is a dealer who carries their flyreels and is great to work with....very user-friendly guy.

Sells high end stuff, both new and used, and has an easy to maneuver website. I recently bought a used Penn 13-15wt flyrod from him, and am very happy with both his customer service and the honesty with which he rates the products.