PDA

View Full Version : Sound asleep

DAQ
09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Starting at Waquoit I went left, I went right, I went straight, I went back and I went forth. The only thing that resembled a fish was an agressive squid that had an eye for soft plastics. I couldn't find any other life outside of the bay (bait or gamefish).

All I got was a dead motor for my efforts. Thanks for the assist Sickness.

Please tell me someone out there did better than me.

D

Chuckster
09-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Dennis,

Are you boating now? I thought you were a diehard jetty jocky?

What are you running for a rig? I'll keep an eye out for you...

Albiesickness
09-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I just got in from making that run...I didn't even get a lure wet.

I was looking for surface action and hardtail...all I got was a sore tail from sitting in a 13 foot whaler.

Still dead!

PAX
09-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Did the Pt Judith to Watch Hill stretch yesterday including all the breachways. Nothing on the surface. Did not even see a bluefish. Did not chech Narragasett bay.

Mooncusser
09-18-2006, 09:51 AM
It looks like no one weighed-in a single Albie last week for the MV Derby as there was no weekly winner posted. Sad.

RMEZZY
09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
the first week ended Saturday 9/16 and the results do show weekly category winners for Albies. What I can't seem to find is the total numbers of fish weighed in. That is usually the best determinent of the quality of the fish around.

I'm sure hoping things blow wide open, as I'm on the island for three days this coming weekend!!!

Flyswatter
09-18-2006, 10:39 AM
28 albies weighed in to date, but people can only weigh in three per badge, and they have to be 25 inches, so the hardcore guys are only weighin the big ones ,fished there all weekend didnt see too many signs of them,

DAQ
09-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Chuckster,

I am in the boating game, kind of. I bought a used small Whaler this year. Basically it's a skiff so saltwater duty is very limited, I have to pick my days carefully. The good thing is the wife and kids love it so maybe a larger one is in my future.

As for being a hard core jetty guy, rock hopping is where I started as a kid so I still spend a lot of my time on them.

If the weather permits we can hook up out there, if not, you may see me with my thumb out while you pass the jetties.

D