View Full Version : GO or NO GO?

09-22-2006, 02:15 PM
With NOAA forecasting 10-15 with increases to 15-20 gusts to 30 by late morning...is there any reason I should consider going out to Jefferies tomorrow AM or I am I just being antsy with the end of the season in sight?

Is anyone with a 20-25 CC class boat going out for tuna off the North Shore of MA tomorrow?

Forecast is killing me...

09-22-2006, 02:29 PM
I am 28 and I am wavering but wil most likely go and turn around if needed. If you have "bail out" options I say always go;) I don't know how long the haul is to jeffries though?? Make a good ramp decision....

09-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Mike, think it will be any better on Sunday am to make a run out of sesuit??

~ Bill

09-22-2006, 04:35 PM
S to SW wind is a suckers sea on Jeffries if you are headed out of the NS. Sloshy, confident ride out, turn around into the wind and its a slow bumpy ride back in minus a few fillings and a kidney.

Then again, when is NOAA ever right?:rolleyes:

Living Waters
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
After a great AM of fishing on Monday, we decided to go again on Tuesday.
We all checked the forcast, it was similar to the one you described. I think were in denial about the forecast, we went anyways and it was a waste of time. We were safe but not having fun in the cresting 4 to 6 footers. With so much whitewater spotting busting tuna becomes difficult. We took turns standing on the cooler in front of the console to see over the seas. Unless fish were busting within 50 feet of the boat, we probably would not have spotted them. We generally don't troll. Even if we spotted fish, standing on the casting deck trying to throw a fly or spin would have been tough. As a smaller boat sight caster, IMHO, it's not worth going in nasty weather.

Capt. John
09-22-2006, 07:43 PM
End of the season in sight? How long will the tuna hang, anyone's guess? I have heard guys say they have had some of the best fishing on Jeffries and the bank in Oct... weather permitting of coarse !!

09-22-2006, 08:55 PM
shaun is absolutely correct. if you are running 20mph and can't feel any wind on your face then you are in trouble. Turn the boat around and see how fast you can go in the other direction.

yesterday I cruised at 25mph and got far. but when I turned the boat around the best speed I could make was 8 to 9 mph and it was not fun.

Of course I ran out today despite noaa's small craft advisory and the seas were flat. Unfortunately no birds, bait or tuna from kennebunkport to Jeffrey's!! :(

Pauper Piscator
09-22-2006, 09:02 PM
inshore Sunday for me. That's it. Beat downs are for suckers.