PDA

View Full Version : Trade materials for flies?

BigBoatDog
10-26-2006, 05:27 PM
I have a lot of material for trout and salmon flies that I am never going to use. if anyone is interested in any of it I will put together a list and try to get an idea of what I need for fllies for the next year or two. first on the list is some Barred Wood Duck. There are at least a couple dozen feathers. Post here if you are interested. I don't want the bugs to get these.
BBD

fleshfly
10-29-2006, 07:05 PM
what you gots?

BigBoatDog
10-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Dry fly capes, miscillaneous saddles, goose cussets, various duck feathers, and a couple of pheasant skins and tails from same. Some of it I have to dig out so tell me what you would like and give me a couple days. Oh and some various hairs like polar bear, black and grizzly.
BBD

fleshfly
10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
I am in for the polar bear.....as for DRY FLY capes, what types? What kind of various saddles do you have?

BigBoatDog
10-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Fleshfly, I will check for the kinds and exact quantities on the capes. Polar bear is limited but there somewhere. Do you attend the UFT this Thursday?
It will take a couple of days to do an inventory.BBD

fleshfly
10-30-2006, 09:01 PM
no go on the UFT, no rush

kent jones
11-01-2006, 03:50 PM
big boat dog if you have any extra polar bear i would like a chance at it thanks --127-3-

fleshfly
11-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Kent keep away! You got plenty of polar bear down in your neck of the woods... :)

kent jones
11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
ok if i have to --124-3

BigBoatDog
11-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Well guys,
I checked my supply, most of it. I have about found a dozen or so saddles, several necks, calf tails, bucktail peices, squirrel tails, rabbit skins in various stages of use, a bunch of different kinds of duck feathers, and other miscellaneous stuff but no polar bear. There is still more looking to do so don't give up hope. Most of the capes are in brown, tan, and grizzly shades.
all other colors are mixed. That is the search so far. I live on the North shore if you think you want something specific. Ask more questions and I will see what I can come up with. Colors, sizes, etc.
BBD

BigBoatDog
11-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Well I finally found some polar bear. Unfortunately there are only a few small pieces of what was good size collection. Some of it whs enjoyed by bugs and the rest was given away to a friend some years back who did me a favor that required something special. So unless there is interest in the other material I guess this was a pointless offer and I am sorry to have made it.
Thanks for the inquiries,
BD