PDA

View Full Version : Back home in a week, worth bringin the 7wt?

edsly42
11-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Comin back home next thursday to see the fam in Scituate. Would love to tie into some stripers if at all possible, but dont think ill have the time to go to RI for it. Probably would be limited to a friday morning drive down to Plymouth/Canal area, maybe fish monday mornin too. the weekend belongs to the biggest little game in America. Dont care about size, just wanna get a few. dont get too many out here, believe it or not. Ill just be chuckin the fly. Any suggestions, ideas? Sounds like there are still some little guys around, think they still will be next wkend? Thanks

Blackjack
11-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Dude - you shoulda been here a couple weeks ago...

As far as I can tell there's nothing much happening around North River - can't say about the Canal area.

blueYak
11-01-2006, 01:48 PM
fished barnstable hbr last year on nov 7 and it was wall to wall shcoolies. It hasn't been real cold, so i bet you can find some.
Get any nice trout this year? I fished the south fork and henry's alot last march and had fun. Be back in jac in a month.

jay

edsly42
11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Cannonball, tell me about it. been drooling over these reports everyday at work.

Blueyak, thanks, yeah plenty of good trout, great season. snake is still fishin well. Ive got my winter riffles picked out.

JakeFF
11-03-2006, 06:20 AM
I have been hitting Damons Point ( North River) every now and then with nothing to show for it, I would definately try towrds the canal area....have a good visit..Edsly.

edsly42
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM
sorry to drag this back to the top but I just wanted to see if anything has changed. getting in thurs night late, thinking of heading down toward one of the ends of the canal friday morning to chuck the fly and maybe get a little stripe or two. is that at all worth doing? thanks alot