PDA

View Full Version : JBay starting to crank

mctrout
11-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Am posting this shot as I the man dosen't have an email!!!! Shot from Yesterday.
Starting to crank here as the weather cools down with a silly amount of bait from foaming schools of Peanut Bunker to Adult Bunker still (weird)
Love this time of year although I have to say I am suprised at the amount of boats on the water. Yesterday is understandable as it was like July out there. Today should scare some people off!!!
Good action along the beach for the surf guys...
once those real big schools from a few weeks ago out east find all these Peanuts, it is going to go bananas...
Anyone fishing east of Deb's having any luck?

Frequent Fly-er
11-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Montauk was insane yesterday and today. Thousands of gulls on miles of bait, rain bait, peanuts, snappers and silversides. The horizon was black with birds. Bass and Blues were blitzing from the point out about a mile and down to Ditch Plains ALL DAY. Yesterday there was three boats fishing, today I was the only LT charter boat out there. Only one private boat. My charter quit early yesterday and today because he said he could not catch another fish, his arms were sore. In 40 years of fishing I have never seen a day like today. You could pick what size and type fish you wanted to catch. We even ran out about a mile and a half to some Gannets diving on 4 inch silver sides. When we looked into the water a school of about a dozen 40+ inch Bass went under the boat. My charter tried but could not hook up to these fish. A great sight though. Just think they are all heading up island.

flyfshr1
11-03-2006, 11:14 PM
can't wait for them to get to jones...thanks for the report ken.

mikemontauk
11-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Monster Blue's on the outside. All the Bass you want on the inside...Gannets, man was it a banner couple of days.