PDA

View Full Version : Rod / Reel - trout

trigga
11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
any recommendation on what would be considered the ideal rod/reel combo for spinning setup for trout fishing ? size, ratings, etc would be helpful.. thx.

no problem
11-04-2006, 06:54 AM
the ideal is a 4wt fly rod, last spinning reel I had was a mitchell 300.

bdowning
11-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Ultra light, unless you need to cast very long distances, because you are throwing small lures, sometimes very small. I use an old 5 ft Shimano Bullwhip rod (remember them?) with a tiny ultralight Shimano spinning reel (sorry don't know model) and 4 lb test mono max, and I consider even that overkill for smaller waters. Trolling is a different game and you probably want to go heavier than that, but I'll leave that advice to the trolling experts ;) .

-bd

any recommendation on what would be considered the ideal rod/reel combo for spinning setup for trout fishing ? size, ratings, etc would be helpful.. thx.

JigMaster5
11-04-2006, 10:24 AM

my current fav is a St. Croix Traveler 4-piece Spinning Rod, Light action paired with a Shimano Symetre 750. one spool has 4 lb mono on it. the other has 2 lb. mono.