PDA

View Full Version : now,it's over

north coast
11-11-2006, 02:59 PM
well, I hate to say it, but I think that us ,north of the cape guys, can safely put away the tuna gear for this year. for the first time in many trips I didn't see any signs of our friend charlie.covered a ton of area between boston and east of the bank. spoke with "sir reel " a couple times on the radio.(thanks for the intel guys)they said they weren't seeing much either and advised against heading there.turned out to be such a nice day I headed to the bank and east anyway.what the heck. too nice to go home. lot of gannets,a few other boats.no sign of fish anywhere. time to switch gears.

fishoutawater
11-12-2006, 07:55 AM
Got it second hand but heard of some good days on the bank this week.
Also of some fish spotted yesterday.

Would hate to call it early, I am looking for one more good day.

D

north coast
11-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Got it second hand but heard of some good days on the bank this week.
Also of some fish spotted yesterday.

Would hate to call it early, I am looking for one more good day.

D

well ,I wouldn't say it would be impossible to find and catch one,(the guys on "sir reel " saw a couple on the way out yesterday)but the bunch of fish we saw here last week are definately gone.seeing as it was nearly impossible to catch one when they were popping up all over the place,(I catch many of these fish year after year so, it's not that I don't know what I'm doing) the fact that I never even saw one yesterday, after covering god knows how many miles of water,and a crappy forecast for at least the next few days,is what leads me to believe it's over.at least here in the NE.
I think you will still see some good opportunities off chatham and south for awhile yet. if you can get a little decent weather.

DRYFLY
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
saturday mornng had fish off minot under "unbelievable amounts of gannets" according to lobsterman friend. got the phone call while i was catching albies off cape lookout. ironic.

ember
11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Its never over. Sometimes.however, it is quite a while until you get the next bite.:)

north coast
11-13-2006, 06:26 PM
ha! I like that thought process, I must wholeheartedly agree. :)