PDA

View Full Version : Eleuthera accomodations

SageBoy
01-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Greetings,

I'm working on making a trip happen to Eleuthera and I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay. Not looking for something fancy just the basics.

Thanks in advance.

n1gdo
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Rainbow Inn... great hosts and efficiency units available

Duck Inn - right in Governors Harbour

catspaw
01-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I like Gov. Harbor and south. Duck in is a good choice. There are some relatively inexpensive houses for rent around South Palmento and Ten Bay, just Google Eleuthera houses for rent. Don't forget no matter where you stay you'll want a car to get to different areas.

BobG
01-07-2007, 10:18 PM
There are several great homes on Ten Bay. But my fav is on S. Palmetto. The home is called Foolish Pleasure. It was hammered by a hurricane the last time we were there, and the owner gave me a full tour regarding all the improvements. This is a real first class home, with all the ammenities for around a $1000 per week if my memory serves me. ;)

alamborne
01-08-2007, 10:26 PM
We stayed in the "little red house" in Palmetto point (west side) a couple years ago. It was very basic (one of the least expensive places I found) but suited my wife and I just fine. More rocky than beachy there, but it's centrally located. If going back, I'd probably look for a place around Tarpum bay first, as my favorite fishing spots were down there.

Andy

BobG
01-09-2007, 12:14 AM
We stayed at the Little Red House on our first trip to Eleuthera. The house was cut in half by a hurricane about three months earlier. It lost one room, and the entire wrap-around deck.
The home right next door (I think it's called the Green House) rented for almst the same $$$, and was much larger, and it much better condition.

catspaw
01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
If you're going down during the summer I'd try to get accomodations on the Atlantic side, it's cooler and the breeze will keep the bugs at bay.

titleguy
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I stayed at Unique Village last year (Palmetto Point) Pretty close to Savannah Sound, a bit of hike to South end., but not bad to Rock Sound, Tarpum Bay, etc. Nice rooms, amazing Atlantic side view with beach access ( and great snorkeling) OK food as well. Also not very pricey the way I booked my trip. :-%

SageBoy
01-09-2007, 06:25 PM
If you're going down during the summer I'd try to get accomodations on the Atlantic side, it's cooler and the breeze will keep the bugs at bay.

How are the bugs in the Spring? Say late March early April?

catspaw
01-10-2007, 07:13 AM
On the ocean (east) side theres never a problem, on the west side it all depends on the weather. The bugs are less seasonal there, it's always warm, if it gets warm they'll hatch out. I've been down as late as the end of March and never had a problem.

SageBoy
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the replies. It's official. I will be heading down the end of March. When I return I will post how the trip went.