PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp

Slinger
01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Submitted for your consideration..... from the edge of the Twilight Zone! Holofusion shrimp.
Slinger

rel
01-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Steve- Great looking flies. What did you use for the body of the shrimp? Ron

Jim Miller
01-19-2007, 07:29 AM
NICE!
closeup please? :brow

RogerStg
01-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Nice work - I'd be happy to test a few for you. :brow :)

Slinger
01-19-2007, 08:51 AM
This is the same fly I`ve been using for 25 yrs. It`s probably the easiest fly ever tied. P.S.(pre synthetic) I made them out of bucktail, but the DNA really makes them lite up. If I had to name it I`d probably call it the Leftover Shrimp, becaues you can use just about any pieces of scrap laying around.

A small clump of Holofusion tied at bend forms the mouth. then tie in mono eyes. Next add a hackel ( tied in wet fly style). Ron, the bodies on these are flat diamond braid, tie in and wrap forward. Palmer hackle. split hackel along the back and pull down. pull DNA over the top to form the carapice and tie off. hit the back with a touch of Hard Head to prevent shreading. Trim hackel fibers sticking out to sides. Go get em!
Slinger

rel
01-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks, Steve, it was hard to tell from the picture just what the body was. I've seen them done with bucktail and they are effective, so these should be better due to the extra flash. Ron