PDA

View Full Version : squid question

dims
02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm tying up some various squid patterns and was thinking is there one time or another during the season the squids are more previlant(Spring-Fall)? Everything I have seen talks about squid being a great food source for many fish and worth fishing with. :brow

dims

Duke of Fluke
02-06-2007, 06:35 PM
squid run the past couple of years has been weak. i don't know if this is due to overfishing or whatever, any insights from others would be appricated. in the begining of the milenium we were seeing bass on squid blitzes in vineyard sound and south of the vineyard that were nothing short of biblical. they bring big fish to the top like little else. not so much any more.

having said this, squid flies are great attractor patterns reguardless of the presence of squid and i would suggest you have at leat a dozen with you any time you fish. white, pink, and red are all good colors. try dotting them with a black sharpie as well (ie. shady lady)...good luck and if you find the squid let me know...dof

capecodkid
02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
I know sum secret squid spots. I know middle ground usually has bass feeding on squid. Look around the Sound and Islands and see what you can find!

dims
02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
squid run the past couple of years has been weak. i don't know if this is due to overfishing or whatever, any insights from others would be appricated. in the begining of the milenium we were seeing bass on squid blitzes in vineyard sound and south of the vineyard that were nothing short of biblical. they bring big fish to the top like little else. not so much any more.

having said this, squid flies are great attractor patterns reguardless of the presence of squid and i would suggest you have at leat a dozen with you any time you fish. white, pink, and red are all good colors. try dotting them with a black sharpie as well (ie. shady lady)...good luck and if you find the squid let me know...dof

Duke, I found some pink patterns w/ the dots (Sharpie) on RT site, something about them w/ spots looks right. --127-3- Didn't think of white or red (Tied green barred, gray, black head w/ gray barred feathers). I'll add some red & white to the collection.

thanks,dims

dims
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I know sum secret squid spots. I know middle ground usually has bass feeding on squid. Look around the Sound and Islands and see what you can find!

cckid, I do not fish the cape but fish n. shore & nh coast. I'm sure they happen there as well.

thanks, dims