PDA

View Full Version : PR fishing trip report...

Capt. John
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi All- We just returned from a group trip to PR for tarpon, bones, permit.
Fishing was a bit slow but we had shots at all three species. Weather was fantastic mid 80's all week without a drop of rain, house we stayed was beautiful and everything ran quite smoothly. I say the fishing was slow because of the tarpon presence (really what we wanted). The fish were there but not enough bait in the areas to keep the fish concentrated and feeding, we had some good shots wading in the evenings for tarpon in one of the lagoons but it took us two days to pin down thier routine of cruising a drop off in early evening, one night we had 4 of us there and we all had several hits on tarpon with only one landed but man what a rush to see guys getting whacked while WADING. The guides were great and worked hard to get us to some nice bonefish and permit areas by boat in the mornings. The first two days seemed to have the best shots at both species, when Leo and Jason had bonefish landings and shots at permit. Everyone agreed they would go back again.
I'm already planning a return trip, and have some interested in going back down in April this year. I need to check availability of guides and lodging but anyone interested please feel free to contact me through the site or my email.
Tight lines, Capt.John Ford
captjohn@mainesaltwaterfishing.com

I'll try anbd post a few pics if I can figure it out ?

brushfly
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Was this Veiques/ Culebra or the main island?

brushfly
03-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Just saw it's Vieques. Thanks