PDA

View Full Version : Piscataqua Report

maineguideman
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
I spent yesterday Cleaning and waxing the boat, changing fluids, lubing berings Getting the boat and trailer regestered etc. So this AM I put the kids on the bus and launched in Elliot at 9am on a High outgoing tide. Mostly a shakedown trip for the boat and the new truck to see if it would give me any trouble on the ramp etc.
Water was 54 deg up in great bay and 49 deg out by the mouth. Nice day saw some bait and splashes up in great bay and the fog was thick out by the mouth. I marked some pods of bait here and there but nothing major. I thought it might be red hot with mild winter but the water was preety dirty up in the bay, muddy with alot of debris etc. Boat ran unbelievable the truck had no problem on the ramp at low tide and the new rods and lines cast great. just need fish blowin up everywhere and well be all set. I may check out the Saco later this week. I usually lay low on Memorial day weekend the ramps can be a horror show.
Good Luck

tmillerzzz
05-24-2007, 02:23 PM
"I usually lay low on Memorial day weekend the ramps can be a horror show."

There is a little cafe right across from the Pierce Island ramp...have a lobster roll and a beer while you sit and watch the divorces start........always a favorite past time.......

Brad G.
05-24-2007, 09:37 PM
There were about 1000 gulls in Spinney Creek this afternoon/eve just inside of Great Cove. They were actively feeding, and all over the place. Must be a lot of bait in there, too far away from me to tell what kind, but they were feasting. Hopefully it breaks open soon.
Brad

mumichog
05-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Aye, laddy (tmillerzzz), that'd be Geno's. It's a nice spot to eat: the little place hangs right over the water and is out of the bustle of downtown; but i agree with some folks who say the food is up and down. Probably because a small seasonal place like geno's can't hold a quality chef - but hey, this is a new season and they could be great again....How can you go wrong with a lobster roll made from 'bugs' brought in 100 ft away?

Piscat Guide
05-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Just put the boat in today ------ not much going on so far ---my guess is that we got the intial blast of fish following the herring to dams and now we are in a holding pattern until the big herd arives very soon --- did not see much going on in the river in a cruise from Little Bay on down ---lots of debris in the water and still a bit off color
May go tommorrow ---will post a report