PDA

View Full Version : Narragansett Bay continues to produce...

RIBill
06-10-2007, 08:38 PM
after an epic morning on Sat, I invited my Dad in from CT to join the action. He arrived in time for lights out and we were out the door at o'dark.

long & short: pogeys were harder to locate but we eventually loaded up. wind & seas were worse than forecasted by 5 knots and 1 foot but we made due. yesterday, I could do no wrong; today, I could do no right. nevertheless, the old man came thru and boated some nice fish to feed family and friends back home. damned fine day.

some pics:

notime
06-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Nice fish. What was in the stomachs? Did you catch them all on live pogies or some artificials?

RIBill
06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
all on pogeys. shameless meat fishermen. I intended to fish big flies while my Dad livelined but the seas ruled that out. gut contents today were digesting pogeys and lobsters to 6".

Captcastafly
06-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Nice early Father's Day present.

Those fly tying lessons came in handy. --127-3-

rockfisherman
06-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Way to go, Bill. Nothing beats memories of fishing with your father...unless it is fishing with your kids...great early Father's Day gift, for sure.

RIBill
06-11-2007, 05:03 AM
touche' Ray... don't mention this braggin post to Steve Cook, he'll disown me! --125-3

right re: early Father's Day. I figure that the pogey boat is comin any day now to shut down this action, so, I wanted to make sure that my Dad got into it. Now, it'll take me some time to readjust his expectations back to schoolie fishin.

tightlines...

striperblues
06-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Do you think that the pogy boat will be able to clean them all out? It seems that they are everywhere this year and more of them in places the pogy boat can't get to.

Great post....you said Saturday was epic. Any details....pogies? Fly? Thanks.

RJ
06-11-2007, 06:37 AM
Way to go Bill! I'm set up to take my grand daughter fishing Barnstable and the flats just outside the Habba from Fathers day til thursday.

I hope I can get her connected to bass half that size on he new fly rod.

My best to you and your family!

G-Man
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Very nice Bill.
Good start to the season for ya.

Nice to see fish like that in the bay.