PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fishing RI/CT waters??

foulhook
06-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Heading out later today for Fishers Island CT. It's my usual location. I was just wondering if anyone is having good luck anywhere else in RI or CT. I will be fishing from a 19 Baycat. Was planning on mainly fly fishing. A friend hit Naragansett last week and did fairly well (even with the winds) mostly smaller fish though.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I always like having a plan B

Tight lines, Bob

sa1280
06-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Theres been a bunch of fish around Napatree/Watch Hill haror, but again mostly small fish. There are tons of sandeels up there

foulhook
06-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Theres been a bunch of fish around Napatree/Watch Hill haror, but again mostly small fish. There are tons of sandeels up there

Thanks much for the input. Tough when you live 3 hours away to get up to the day reports.

Tight lines, Bob

bdowning
06-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Last time I fished RI was one night last week. Plenty of small fish on Matunuck beachfront, mostly blues when I was there but a few small bass. Narragansett Aves yielded a few high schoolie-near legal sized bass for me, all on double-hook rigged 9 inch sluggos with nail weights.

-bd

Heading out later today for Fishers Island CT. It's my usual location. I was just wondering if anyone is having good luck anywhere else in RI or CT. I will be fishing from a 19 Baycat. Was planning on mainly fly fishing. A friend hit Naragansett last week and did fairly well (even with the winds) mostly smaller fish though.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I always like having a plan B

Tight lines, Bob

browndog
06-17-2007, 05:35 PM
You'll be in my back yard. Fishing is a little tough right now. There are fish around but you have to work for them. By the way, Fishers Island is in New York.

Schoolie
06-18-2007, 01:23 PM

So if I'm fishing tonight, would I be better off at Naps, or should I go west and hit the mouth of the Hous (Short Beach) on the end of the drop? Note: I'm shorebound and wading.... no boat.....

Thoughts?

Schoolie
06-19-2007, 04:04 PM
So I went to Naps.... shoulda gone to Fairfield county.

I got a good cardio workout and some casting practice... my buddy who went to Fairfield County got about 20 fish, 16 stripes and 4 blues, stripes to 27 inches, blues to 33"......

FYI...

browndog
06-19-2007, 11:09 PM
QUOTE=browndog;206341]You'll be in my back yard. Fishing is a little tough right now. There are fish around but you have to work for them. By the way, Fishers Island is in New York.[/QUOTE]:-%