PDA

View Full Version : Maine report....Sunday

Capt. John
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Well- Never mind the records for now... these fish are whipping us. We have been 0 for 6 over the past couple days. Pulled hooks, break off's (wearing right through 44lb tippet) you name it it's happened. Pretty sure we tailed wrapped one today as the rod never stopped pumping...like the fish was shaking his head non-stop. Kind of figured it was a tail wrap as the rod pumped almost with every movement of the tail. Lost fish after about 35minutes.... We are fighting these fish hard maybe too hard but you need to unless you want to be on them for 2hrs. I'm going BIG tommorrow if they give us our shots. I refuse to be denied again....:brow

Tarpon41
08-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Cap

Your reference that a 44lb tippet was gone in the fight...if you might be looking for higher test small diameter have you ever tried Deep Blue Gamma's saltwater tippet....their 80 is only .031 in in diameter been using in FLA and their 60 is even smaller

Capt. John
08-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks Tarpon, I'll check it out... had a client on board last week who had a spool of the stuff in his bag but we never tried it. May be worth a shot......