PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Harbor - 9/13

jmdregs
09-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I went out late this afternoon/evening. Lot's of fish blitzing along Beverly/Manchester shore. They're pretty picky but I did end up hooking up to 1/2 dozen schoolies in the 20" - 25" range. I couldn't get anything on my fly rod....not real good with one, but did manage the hook-ups on a light spinning rod using a white plastic fish imitation (Gotcha) with jig head.

Markymark
09-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Well then,get or tie a fly that looks like the lure you had good luck with.(size +color) Me, I would try a tan over white clouser or half+half. Just my.02 cts.

JR13
09-13-2007, 11:23 PM
was out from 6--till about 745. 20-25 inch schoolies all over the top (and actully porposing) from the channel into endicott. They were hitting top water plugs (zara spooks and this no-name thing i found at a bass pro shop in Fl for 2 bucks) and knocking them 2 feet out of the water...it was actually kind of funny.

They must be feeding on something tiny. Color didnt seem to matter. Switched to some small soft plastic swim shad to get it beneath with minimal luck. Lots of short strikes though. Could be really small fish, or just feeding on really small bait.

Roostahfish
09-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Ditto that....I was out there too. Couldn't see what they were on, but they were being pretty picky. I also was up toward Magnolia and had fish all around me, but only got a few hits on a the crease fly.

The fish in Beverly seemed to get a little more aggressive as the sun set. I also had an eel out for a while...got a few taps but no takers...must have been the little guys playing with it. I was surprised that even the little guys didn't eat it. I was literally in blitzing fish and ended taking the eel off the hook at the end of the night (#$119)

Roostahfish
09-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Ditto that....I was out there too. Couldn't see what they were on, but they were being pretty picky. I also was up toward Magnolia and had fish all around me, but only got a few hits on a the crease fly.

The fish in Beverly seemed to get a little more aggressive as the sun set. I also had an eel out for a while...got a few taps but no takers...must have been the little guys playing with it. I was surprised that even the little guys didn't eat it. I was literally in blitzing fish and ended taking the eel off the hook at the end of the night (#$119)

Potter
09-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Large, persistent surface feeds going on this AM off M'head. Biggest splashes I've seen from individual stripers in a long time. Looked like tuna! Unfortunately, I couldn't get out into them as responsibility was rearing its ugly head...--124-3

seank
09-14-2007, 09:43 AM
I joined in the fun last night as well. The fish went off right at sunset, which coincided with the low tide, and stayed on top and in the same location for over an hour, just a few hundred yards off the shore line...likely devouring the clouds of peanut bunker in the many coves and channels in and about Salem Sound, Manchester Bay etc...someone in a bowrider actually went through the middle of the school at open throttle, and they still stayed up.

Had good success (fish nearly every cast) with medium size (2/0) gurgler on the fly rod. Just cast it out, twitch...stop...twitch...stop...bang. Managed nothing over 25-27", but a great night with lots of fish pulling on the end of the line. Sea was extremely calm, almost waxy.

Also, tried a large, weighted plastic bait with the spinner to see if any behemoths lurked below. Promptly shredded by a snapper blue.

-S