PDA

View Full Version : Las Salinas - Cuba

jbk
10-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Thinking about a trip here in April 08, does anybody have any experience here? Alternatives are La Tortuga or Los Roques.

Tarpon41
10-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Thinking about a trip here in April 08, does anybody have any experience here? Alternatives are La Tortuga or Los Roques.

If you are still thinking and it's bonefish why those and not Andros but Andros with specific guide recommendations not lodges...if it's cuba for jazz and bonefish that's different...the other two are IMHO just fishing destinations and for bonefish they compare not with Andros.

aldie
10-08-2007, 04:53 PM
La Tortuga will cost a alot more than the other two destinations. From what ive heard there's a 30-40 mins drive to the flats, no motorised skiffs, but tons and tons of bones. Chances of Permit, and plenty of small Tarpon plus Jacks and Snook on the river trip.

jbk
10-10-2007, 05:11 AM
If you are still thinking and it's bonefish why those and not Andros but Andros with specific guide recommendations not lodges...if it's cuba for jazz and bonefish that's different...the other two are IMHO just fishing destinations and for bonefish they compare not with Andros.

Looking at Las salinas as doing havanna for a few days either side of the fishing sounds really fun, also it's cheaper than the other places, but i'm wonderring if that's due to the fishing not being as good (most likely in my opinion)

Looking at the other two because the fishing looks great there but i'm just not too sure about teh fact that there's little else to do apart from the fishing.

Has anybody fished Las Salinas before?

WillH
10-10-2007, 06:44 AM
I would personally visit the cayos region - cayo guillermo & cayo coco.

Plenty of tarpon, bones, cowfish n cuda on the flats and you dont need a guide but most hotel workers will show you where to go for free. Hotels on cayo guillermo have a system of channels behind them where you can catch baby tapon up to 30lbs on the fly and they are there in darkness by the 100s!

Will H

manchester Uk