PDA

View Full Version : nasty roads

irish jig
02-24-2008, 01:10 PM
had to make a run down to mashpee to talk to a florist about daughter's wedding flowers and couldn't believe how bad 495s and 24s were!
can't wiat to start towing the boat down again:eek:

scruffy_fish
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Irish,
You haven't seen a pot hole until you've been in NH this year. The road I travel to work daily looks like it has been bombed.--124-3

Onshore
02-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Irish,
You haven't seen a pot hole until you've been in NH this year. The road I travel to work daily looks like it has been bombed.--124-3

I used to travel Rte.11 from Alton Bay to Meredith frequently when I was in business in New Hampshrie. Nearly impassable from February to May every year - another thing I haven't missed since moving here.

Howie
02-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Rte 495 just past the Middleboro SP is the worst. Potholes halfway into the lane, 5 - 6 inches deep.

Already cost me a set of tires this winter. Nice - makes paying that highway tax at the pump that much more palatable.

No exaggeration, there are better highways in Eastern Europe than 495 is now.

teflon_jones
02-27-2008, 12:56 PM
I've found myself driving with one wheel in the middle of the lane and one wheel on the warning stripe or the middle line of the road these days. It's never a good sign when you see 20-30 holes that you can't see the bottom of on a <10 mile trip to work.

Joey Langan
02-27-2008, 07:30 PM
The roads here in upstate NY have been pretty bad too. Snow, slush, and ice covers the roads every storm. Even better when you cant see potholes because theyre filled with slush. And yet those jerks on my school board consistently refuse to close so they can get their precious state aid.--126-3-