PDA

View Full Version : 4/12 PM: Seemed Like a Good Idea...

Soundking
04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
On the heels of yesterday's bail-fest, I knew I had to fish today. Wokeup around 7 to catch Jose feeling up some yo-zuris and was instantly game-on. Unfortunately I passed back out until around 10. Snapped to life when I saw sun shining through my window. Leapt out of bed, cued the metal and got in the shower with thoughts of whale cod in my mind.

Called a few slay-homies until I found an eager e-sea-e ready to rock and roll. Grabbed his friend and game was on like yes.

Cleared the sound by noon and was en-route to the slaying grounds. The day seemed gorgeous. FAC conditions, sunny skies and the cat purring at a cool 25kts. Smack was talked, rigs were rigged, the stage was set for an epic day of slay aboard the Phallic Thunder. We went to the numbers I had saved from yesterday and E was quick to strike with a nice 10lb'er. Something was different from yesterday though. The fish weren't nearly as concentrated today as they were yesterday. We bounced around in the facinity of my numbers from the day before with few fish for our efforts. We were marking plenty of bait, the fish just weren't turned on.

After making the call to move a ways away, E noticed some birds over a whale. I mentioned to him the correlation from yesterday between the cod and the whales. We decided to setup a drift. And, lawdy was it on. For the next two hours it was tripple hook-ups and tripple hook-ups. We had found the fish from yesterday and in a big way. Fish after fish after fish came over the rail. Everything from clams to jigs to BERKLEY GULP! --127-3- http://www.purefishing.com were slaying the codfish.

After three succesful drifts, we noticed the seas were kicking up, and in a mean way. A fog bank had rolled in, a slight drizzle was happening and the NOAA chick was offering no solace. We decided to pack it up and make a run for home. The ride home...well...in a few words...fahkin sahked! Steep 3-5's with a very short period, 100 yards of vis, 40 degree temps...ew. To kick it even further into "soggy ****e sangy" it began to downpour and lighting once we go to halfway. Was it worth it you ask? Hells yah.

The Berkley Gulp! http://www.purefishing.com Final Tally was +/- 70 fish for three hours of fishing, influenza and I'm pretty sure mild hypothermia. Fish today were higher than yesterday, located between 90 and 105 feet of water and again were all about the more mellow twitch to the jigs and teasers. Jigs outfished vaginas and teasers 2:1.

BFThunter
04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a blast J. Been working every minute I can on the new boat trying to get it ready. Possibly de-virginizing her on friday if all goes well... Hit me up sometime when you are around

riptide
04-12-2008, 08:55 PM
FAC conditions, sunny skies and the cat purring at a cool 25kts.

The levers http://www.diamondsuzukimarine.com/Accessories_files/icontrols.jpg to the right of the big round thing on the dash http://www.edsonwheels.com/images/wheels/1700wheel.jpg can be pushed forward to make the boat go faster. --126-3-

The ride home...well...in a few words...fahkin sahked! Steep 3-5's with a very short period

BUT DUDE, CATS RULE IN THE ROUGH STUFF!!!!:cool:
They have:
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP8670~Cattitude-Posters.jpg

mjc
04-12-2008, 09:14 PM
" I'm pretty sure mild hypothermia"

You weren't wearing sandles again were ya?:confused:

Mike C

sage fly guy
04-12-2008, 11:49 PM
Wokeup around 7 to catch Jose feeling up some yo-zuris and was instantly game-on. Unfortunately I passed back out until around 10.

Instantly game-on?????? That's some weird shiite.

Hmmmmmm, Reminds me of a song.

"When I think about Jose Wejebe I touch myself"

Passed out???????

You didn't wait for Flip to come on and wax poetic whilst you waxed the ............??

Good to see you back.

chris

ruge13
04-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Rippy I can tell you've never been on, or within smell distance of the cat. In order to get to the moving lever thingys you have to weave your hand past the mine field of tetnus waiting to happen where J keeps all his retired rusty fish slayers. Then, you have to sweep away all the black and milds to find the base of the lever thingys. Then, you need to whip out your electrical tape to re connect the throttle wiring to get the lever thingys to react. Of course assuming there is hydrolic fluid in there.

Hey Ike, you sponsored by Pure Fishing now?

Slamdance
04-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Why settle for Berkely or Pure Fishing? Think big and go for a nice cheesy graphic wrap on the twin hulls, courtesy of Jarden Corporation. That way you can get a lifetime of supplies from all of Jarden's companies:

All the Berkely Gulp you can eat
A new Penn or Abu Garcia reel for every fish you catch (they should be considered disposable anyway)
Enough Stren Superbraid to tie up all your "dates"
Shakespeare Ugly Stiks for when Whisky Dick is on board
A K2 Helmut for yourself. Just like they made you wear in grade school
ExOfficio pastel-colored shirts to form a matching "Team" outfit
Marmot sleeping bags and a Coleman stove in case you breakdown and have to sleep out there

e-sea-e
04-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Rippy I can tell you've never been on, or within smell distance of the cat. In order to get to the moving lever thingys you have to weave your hand past the mine field of tetnus waiting to happen where J keeps all his retired rusty fish slayers. Then, you have to sweep away all the black and milds to find the base of the lever thingys. Then, you need to whip out your electrical tape to re connect the throttle wiring to get the lever thingys to react. Of course assuming there is hydrolic fluid in there.

Hey Ike, you sponsored by Pure Fishing now?

this is so funny b/c its so very true.

you'd have been proud yesterday though, ruge, everything did work.....

soundownsam
04-13-2008, 07:07 PM
this is so funny b/c its so very true.

you'd have been proud yesterday though, ruge, everything did work.....

You mean you came home using 2 engines?

sam

Bolo
04-13-2008, 07:16 PM
new to site but use guys are a fah king riot!

Soundking
04-13-2008, 07:26 PM

sam

ohh hardy, harr, harr, hardy harr harr.....har. Brand new suzukis=good. 10 year old totally ahniliated hondas=bad.

e-sea-e
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM

sam

Sam, Ive know JJ for 5 years, its the first time both engines have made it in running.

the boat now has undeniable catitude. and coditude, for that matter.

seriously, good time yesterday J, we'll have to do it agian next weekend.

Ray
04-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Sam, Ive know JJ for 5 years, its the first time both engines have made it in running.

Eric,

Certainly some part of the boat mustn't have made it through the trip. It wouldn't be a run with JJ without some part breaking --125-3

Glad to hear you're back buddy.

Ray

Soundking
04-13-2008, 08:18 PM

Oh come on! There's been plenty of times the boat has worked! Gimme a break guys!

e-sea-e
04-14-2008, 12:42 AM
Eric,

Certainly some part of the boat mustn't have made it through the trip. It wouldn't be a run with JJ without some part breaking --125-3

Glad to hear you're back buddy.

Ray

actually, while we were out, I noticed some piece of metal, a rectangle with a threaded hole it, kicking around the deck. I said hey JJ, whats that? and he said "oh, yeah thats just because..." and just kinda trailed off from there.

Ray
04-14-2008, 08:09 AM
actually, while we were out, I noticed some piece of metal, a rectangle with a threaded hole it, kicking around the deck. I said hey JJ, whats that? and he said "oh, yeah thats just because..." and just kinda trailed off from there.

I feel much better now. Not only is there a randon part of something floating around the deck, but the screw that would normally secure it in place is completely gone.

This is all part of the bigger plan to shed extra weight for optimized fuel efficiency ;)

Slappy
04-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Wecome back J. Great post.

Don't let all these guys making fun of your boat get you down. I remember the time we made it all the way to the end of the no wake zone. --127-3-

Soundking
04-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Thou hast madeth a bed, and thou shalt sleep in it. Prepare thynself for a full parody post. The game beist afoot!

Wednesday 4/16...the report doth cometh. Prepare thineselves for hilarity, reel-time. For The People's Fisherman hast risen!

riptide
04-14-2008, 09:26 PM
JJ, will you be out there Wed? I'm doing a COD trip on Wed with the Navionics crew to demo the new Platinum+ chips I just got. The detail on them is insane, it apparently made me insane since it got me to go cod fishing. But none the less, we will be out there Wed. Leaving Plymouth 6-7 am. Heading east. You can hail Riptide on 68 ........or Seatow on Ch9 ;)

Soundking
04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
T, check your PM.

Go Fish
04-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Thou hast madeth a bed, and thou shalt sleep in it. Prepare thynself for a full parody post. The game beist afoot!

Wednesday 4/16...the report doth cometh. Prepare thineselves for hilarity, reel-time. For The People's Fisherman hast risen!

Translation:

E, you think that's funny? You don't know funny. I'm more funny than you because I have learned to write like those dudes in the Monte Python movies talk...that $#!+ is funny.

But just wait...I'm gunna bring it.

While I'm playing with "Jose's Plug" I'll come up with the framework for a post that will highlight the fishing that I plan to do on Wednesday.

It's gunna be funny.

I'm just like the rest of you folks...sort of...I just fish alot more...and I'm back up-north now.

;)

Welcome back wayward soul...We missed your BS.

BTW...the LT tuna are alot bigger now...