PDA

View Full Version : Minn Kota Riptide

Roostahfish
05-08-2008, 10:11 AM
It seems that my bow mounted trolling motor has finally died. I said that I would buy a Riptide when this finally happened, but now that I'm really looking into things I'm having sticker shock.

Soooooo, I figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has one for sale, or knows where you may be able to get a good deal on one.

I'm looking for a bow mounted one, preferably with a foot peddle.

I've already poked around ebay, and it seems like the prices out there aren't much different thatn just ordering a new one......

Suggestions?

spitfisher
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Do a google search on the exact minn kots model you are looking for, I too am in the market for one and I recall the other night finding one that was a couple hundred cheaper than what being sold locally.

PS I haven't ruled out Motorguide either- they are cheaper than the min kota feature set to feature set and they are now backed by mercury.

It seems that my bow mounted trolling motor has finally died. I said that I would buy a Riptide when this finally happened, but now that I'm really looking into things I'm having sticker shock.

Soooooo, I figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone has one for sale, or knows where you may be able to get a good deal on one.

I'm looking for a bow mounted one, preferably with a foot peddle.

I've already poked around ebay, and it seems like the prices out there aren't much different thatn just ordering a new one......

Suggestions?

castaway
05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I happen to have a Motor Guide SW-HT Transom Mount Trolling Motor.. 46lb thrust. Used 3 times in 3 years.. Dad liked it on his carolina skiff as he aged gracefully. Comes with Minn Kota MK-20
Deep Cycle battery (105 Amp hours-- 180 RC -- 625 MCA).
Motor is currently $300 plus retail. I'll let the package go for $225.00. I'm in the Orleans area.

tmillerzzz
05-08-2008, 02:06 PM
i have had a 24V Motor Guide Great White w/ Foot pedal for 5 years now with TONS of hours on it. LOVE IT, no issues other than wearing out the 50 cent microswitch boot every 2 years or so.

Gadabout Guinea
05-08-2008, 05:11 PM
FWIW

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/

You can also check out:

http://www.jandhproducts.com/_e/dept/41-001/Minn_Kota_Trolling_Motors.htm

z-drive
05-08-2008, 06:12 PM
we used a pair of the biggest motorguide saltwater units (105#?) they make for a project at school and they've been tough as nails. wouldnt hesitate to buy one myself if i was in the market.

they've be super abused and modified, constantly run at full power. they've spent weeks at a time with the lower units completely in salt water too.

bb1
05-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Overstock.com also has fishing equip....but most of there stuff has something wrong/missing etc. Yet it's sometimes better than eBay for the do-it-yourself'er.