PDA

View Full Version : Mackeral Off Scituate Area

flynny
05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Any reports of mackeral in the area? I know they were decimated over the fall and winter, and now with reports of bluefish making an early arrival, just wondered if it was worth the time and effort (and gas) to try to jig some up.

jackduckhunter
05-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Any reports of mackeral in the area? I know they were decimated over the fall and winter, and now with reports of bluefish making an early arrival, just wondered if it was worth the time and effort (and gas) to try to jig some up.

We got into them right off the bat out in front of the Gurnet in Plymouth this weekend right after the rain subsided on Saturday. Bite shut off abruptly as the tide changed however.

damlex
05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Although itís a little bit north of Scituate I Fished outer Boston harbor on Saturday and Sunday and had no problem filling the livewell with macks both days.

swashy
05-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Hey Flynny, I had to bring a boat from Quincy to Plymouth yesterday and the mac fleet was out from Scituate Harbor to the river. I've also heard some reports of some big fish being caught in the area on them.

BTW, I think I met a buddy of your's on Sat.

flynny
05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Good to hear about the macs...looks like it is worth putting the effort in.

Swashy - who?

swashy
05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm working for Freedom Boat Club now and he was at our open house in Plymouth. Mike? AKA Soupy I wanna say.... Whatever it was we got a chuckle out of Flynny, Swashy and his.

flynny
05-22-2008, 10:57 AM
yup...good buddy of mine, in fact we had tentative plans to fish tomorrow morning but I have to cancel.

Any talk of putting a FBC in the new Hingham Shipyard development?

swashy
05-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Seemed like a really good guy. Tell him to join so he can take you out next time. ;)

And ummmmm.....shhhhh ;)