PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing stripper from Rockport?

ericatchrist
06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I wonder if any of you tried surf fishing for stripper from Rockport? has it started or its still too early? Planning a trip this weekend don't know if I need my fishing gear with me or not...
Thanks in advance. :confused:

maineguideman
06-06-2008, 09:33 AM
If you can catch strippers in the surf at rockport Ill go?? I only catch striper's

Onshore
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I wonder if any of you tried surf fishing for stripper from Rockport? has it started or its still too early? Planning a trip this weekend don't know if I need my fishing gear with me or not... Thanks in advance. :confused:

From now on, the best advice I can give is; don't leave home without it.

gcw
06-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Bring your gear. You ought to be able to do well from Rockport - you mean Rockport MA, right? - beaches at night. Fish are around. I haven't had a lot of time to fish - just a few casts off the rocks here and there with sluggos/soft plastic lures - and I've been getting fish. And that's been during daylight hours.

I would fish the ends of the beaches - where the sand meets the rocky points.

gcw

ericatchrist
06-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Thank you, guys.
Do you think frozen herring will work now? (#$119)

dereks
06-06-2008, 07:19 PM
GCW- have you been scanning the lanes for pelagics? Might help, or maybe just watch where the dog goes. . . . to the bathroom I mean.
And yes on the herring, try and get fresh from the state fish pier or behind the building center in Gloucester.