PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Report

Jusbones
06-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Fished 4 days on Cherokee Sound. Wade and bow casting. Got some nice bones a few smaller ones. 2 decent cudas and 2 very nice Black Tips......we kept a couple of rods rigged and ready to go. Fished with guide and friend Marty Sawyer.........how this guy spots fish scares me:eek:......Now I am an average "spotter"....but this guy is amazing.....saw 2 deep in the mangrove at least 10lbs.....got out of the boat......but it was fruitless.....above knee deep mud...and if I did hook up....it would give a new definition to "walking the dog".
Stayed in a nice place with screened in porch....nice at night to kick back a knock down some Kalicks.....took a few bones every evening as the tide allowed down by the long dock......most moved, arrived in a clockwise direction for what that is worth...windy but successful.....not my best in terms of numbers, but the best trip to date. Having been blown out my share of the time, we ignored the wind....found some lee......and challanged my average casting skills.......the sharks were a BLAST on the 9wt..........Saw a few rays and some turtles....cool.:-%

BobG
06-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Great report. Cherokee is one of my favorite places on the planet.:brow