PDA

View Full Version : canal report***

BobG
06-27-2008, 08:18 AM
The action, if you can call it that, continues to be very inconsistant. The few fish which were around the other night, were in 'parts unknown' last night. Perfect tide, little wind.
But our slippery friends simply never showed up.
What few fish that were around were very small, around 20". However, I did see some very large bait crusing in the rips the entire time I was there.;) If I didn't know better, I'd say they looked just like squid.:brow Small pods began showing right at slack low, and continued until I quit around midnight, they went unmolested the entire time. If they are squid, and they hang around, eventually something should find them.:brow
Maybe.:rolleyes:

bdowning
06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
With our luck, they'll be the yellow-eyed devils :eek:.

-bd

If they are squid, and they hang around, eventually something should find them.:brow
Maybe.:rolleyes:

Keepah
06-27-2008, 07:30 PM
I fished the tail end of the west tide last night down the east end. Seemed like fall conditions down there w/ fish breaking east to west the whole time there. Problem was they were very small fish chasing very small bait. Lots of what seemed to 1/2 inch silversides. there was also a good amount of sandeels around in various sizes. Also had a few tinker macs swimming at my feet, so I guess they haven't completely left either. Only thing that was missing was fish over 20''.:rolleyes:

hyefisherman2
06-28-2008, 02:10 AM
at least its fish man