PDA

View Full Version : Rising fuels costs and charters, etc.

DCH
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Saw this (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3r_EONuxr1G2iyyJu_B93sHlY2wD91BR6AO0)and thought there would be interest here.

Onshore
07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
That was in our local paper last week.
Most charter operations in Port Canaveral and Sebastian are loudly complaining, have raised rates but, are still operating.

OffshoreAngler
07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
I trailer so I can pump on the street. It is Cape Cod street pricing which isn't the best. I pay $4.20 a gallon and no matter what I do or how I run my boat I burn 45-50 gallons. I have been paying $3.50 (89 oct) or more "it seems" for 2 or more years at least since Katrina. So, the difference is $35 per trip. I didn't raise my prices, you can only pay so much to take a charter. I don't like it but it isn't the end of the world........yet.

Jusbones
07-14-2008, 05:19 PM
My 5 cents (inflation/stagflation).

I spent a week on Abaco just last Month. For kicks I ran flight costs to Abaco today.......up considerably.... I spent $550 round trip and could not find a flight less than $875 today!!!! Fuel on the Island running around $6.25 ++++........
Looks like my yearly trips to Cherokee may be reduced to once every 2 years.....cost and the hassels of flying are getting way too stressful....With that said, Florida,
New England and Long Island NY are looking better all the time..... I can drive there !!! The saltwater game is an expensive proposition (for me anyway) to begin with. I guess my point is ....heck I dont know what my point is......maybe go back to being a trout bum.........and have a rod/reel auction for charity ..........:confused: