PDA

View Full Version : Going to tie the knot

RogerStg
09-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, after 8 years Ive finally asked Karen to marry me. :eek:--127-3-

Now I need some help finding a location. It's the second for each of us and we want to keep it small at about 80 relatives and friends. Wed like to find a place that can accommodate a JP ceremony and the reception. Since it will likely take place in the winter and at night, the atmosphere inside is more important than the grounds or view. The food quality is pretty important too.

Any ideas in the RI or SE Mass area? All help is appreciated. :)

ricochet
09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Roger, you might consider the Ocean Edge in Brewster, right down the road from us. Congrats on the big move

jsynnott
09-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Check out the Idlewild in Manomet. It's awesome, looks out over the entire CC Bay, can sleep a bunch, host a bunch and the folks that run it are really cool, have their own pub in the garage across the street.
http://www.oceanfrontevents.com/

mumichog
09-05-2008, 07:07 PM
I've been out there in the early winter and thought it was very cool - so scenic it hurts, with a quaint little town next door underwhelmed by the off-season; classic old-timey NE mixed with nouveau maritime - Chatham Bars Inn. Boy, it ain't cheap (I wanted to do it once at least), but everyone could stay right there and there is a wonderful sense of distance from the rest of the busy world that time of year. There was a wedding party there when we passed through and the folks told us they got a group discount. You can stay in the main hotel or down in the groovy sections down by the beach, there are 'cottages' also. Its cliche, but the dining rooms really make you say, "yow." The economy is slow - for us normal folk, anyway - so you might be able to squeeze them for a better than normal deal since this off-season is bound to be very harsh on the Cape businesses.

best wishes.

Captcastafly
09-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Twenty Water Street, East Greenwich

Just the right size, private floor, marine atmosphere, good view of the harbor.

That's were I did up the second time.

bonefishdick
09-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Roger

Can't really help you to much on a place to have the happy occasion, I just wanted to say Congratulations and want to wish you both the very best.

Dick

fly
09-05-2008, 09:36 PM
No choice.......Squantum

Onshore
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Roger,
I'll second Ocean Edge in Brewster and suggest the Sandbar Inn in Chatham. Either one would be great if I still lived on the Cape.

Just got engaged myself to a wonderful young 69 year old. We will be married on the beach at Coconut Point in April.

JakeFF
09-06-2008, 06:11 AM
Granite Links Golf Course..great views ...and classy!.....Congratulations

irish jig
09-06-2008, 07:28 AM
my oldest daughter got married in april at the coonamessett inn in falmouth great food the people who work there were proffesional and went over board to make sure everything went right plus they have a bunch of cottages right there on the grounds where guests can stay and a holiday inn across the street.

KCassidy
09-06-2008, 07:46 AM
If you are considering Ocean Edge, you should also check out the Captain Linnell House near Skaket Beach in Orleans (Linnell.com). Very elegant resturant but no overnight accomodations, although there are likely to be lots of empty summer rentals in the area. One of my sons had his reception there and we were very pleased with it.

Congratulations.

ScottM
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Roger,
Congrats on the engagement. The wife and I were married in downtown Newport but had our reception at Ocean Cliff across the cove from the Inn at Castle Hill. I'm sure the ceremony itself could be held there too. The main house has several rooms plus condos next door. Our wedding was in November so we picked that place for interior ambiance. Turns out that weekend the weather was warmer than normal so we got to enjoy the outside as well.