PDA

View Full Version : 2 fishing licenses

bb1
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
There should be 2 different fishing licenses in Massachusetts....recreational & commercial.
There is absolutely NO need for any other.

Yet I am sure the twisted little gears in the minds of our state officials are dreaming up new and unique ways of making fishing licenses as complicated and expensive as possible....and the state bureaucracy that will go along with it.

Remember, the state, first and foremost pleases the state, and it's employees.
Serving the public is an after thought.

Bob Parsons
09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
That works for me. I always get the sporting license regardless.

BobG
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
All commercial fisheries are already licensed. But when you think about it, recreational saltwater fishing in Ma is the only unlicensed fishing opportunity left. It was inevitable. Maybe they'll use the revenue to put in public canal access on Academy Drive, or build a 24/7 Dunkin Donuts on Bell Rd?

bb1
09-09-2008, 04:28 PM
All commercial fisheries are already licensed. But when you think about it, recreational saltwater fishing in Ma is the only unlicensed fishing opportunity left. It was inevitable. Maybe they'll use the revenue to put in public canal access on Academy Drive, or build a 24/7 Dunkin Donuts on Bell Rd?

"All", you must be talking about the huge freshwater commercial fishing going on here in MA?

Massachusetts has been in a continued recession since 2001 because of mismanagement by the state (the 3rd worse run state in the country). Know one in there right mind would start a new business here because of the taxes, fees & fines....and yes licenses, all to pay our HUGE public work force, who work harder at dragging there feet that it would be to do the job they were hired for.

The Massachusetts answer (as usual), hire even MORE people, create another license & fee, bureaucracy, and add more drag to the economy.
All at a time when we are facing the highest energy expenses in history!

Only a fool (or someone with one of those do-nothing state jobs) would find that acceptable.

If the people running things here in MA were honest, they would just incorporate our FW license into a ALL recreational license. With little or NO increase in cost.
If they have more to do, do it with who you have. They sure aren't over worked!

BobG
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey, YOU said there were two types of licenses in Ma, rec and comm, and I was more or less agreeing with you. Why the dumb comment regarding freshwater comm fishing.:confused: A saltwater lic is going to cost $20 tops. :rolleyes: How far are you willing to take this over that amount of money?:rolleyes:--125-3--125-3

quote:There should be 2 different fishing licenses in Massachusetts....recreational & commercial.

Kuskus68
09-10-2008, 05:35 AM
"All", you must be talking about the huge freshwater commercial fishing going on here in MA?

Massachusetts has been in a continued recession since 2001 because of mismanagement by the state (the 3rd worse run state in the country). Know one in there right mind would start a new business here because of the taxes, fees & fines....and yes licenses, all to pay our HUGE public work force, who work harder at dragging there feet that it would be to do the job they were hired for.

The Massachusetts answer (as usual), hire even MORE people, create another license & fee, bureaucracy, and add more drag to the economy.
All at a time when we are facing the highest energy expenses in history!

Only a fool (or someone with one of those do-nothing state jobs) would find that acceptable.

If the people running things here in MA were honest, they would just incorporate our FW license into a ALL recreational license. With little or NO increase in cost.
If they have more to do, do it with who you have. They sure aren't over worked!I think Ct is right with mass in spending money foolishly(#$119)

albacized
09-10-2008, 07:36 AM
I don't know all the 'ins and outs' - but from the chatter I've read between this and other sites, it seems like most fishermen would rather the state (vs the feds) to control this licensing. But to everyone's point, regardless of who controls/oversees it, I would gladly pay the extra money if I knew the funds were going to be used to preserve the sport - whether it's helping maintain shoreline access or additional EPOs or whatever...but if it's used to help some politician get himself a gold toilet seat, I will be bullsh*t...

bb1
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey, YOU said there were two types of licenses in Ma, rec and comm, and I was more or less agreeing with you. Why the dumb comment regarding freshwater comm fishing.:confused: A saltwater lic is going to cost $20 tops. :rolleyes: How far are you willing to take this over that amount of money?:rolleyes:--125-3--125-3

quote:There should be 2 different fishing licenses in Massachusetts....recreational & commercial.

I didn't say there "were" two types of licenses, I said there "should be" Bob.

bb1
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know all the 'ins and outs' - but from the chatter I've read between this and other sites, it seems like most fishermen would rather the state (vs the feds) to control this licensing. But to everyone's point, regardless of who controls/oversees it, I would gladly pay the extra money if I knew the funds were going to be used to preserve the sport - whether it's helping maintain shoreline access or additional EPOs or whatever...but if it's used to help some politician get himself a gold toilet seat, I will be bullsh*t...

The license has NOTHING to do with "shore access" or anything else positive for fishermen. This federal license was established when the democrats (who HATE sportsmen) made gains in Washington last election.
It's one of there phony 'fact finding' missions, meant to expand public employment....and a pay off to animal rights ko-ko's.

Remember, the democrats are the party of the welfare state, homosexuals, tree hugger's, illegals, and public employment. They all expect there party to come across with something for them. Everything the democrats do has this same simpleton theme.

bb1
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
That reminds me of the Massachusetts game warden I once met a few years ago. He was driving a brand new tricked out state Ford SUV with very expensive custom mag wheels! He told me that he just completed some $25,000 course the department sent him on because he had 'seniority', and that he was retiring in about a year an a half.

That's right, he was retiring in a little over a year, and the Fish & Game just sent him to a 25K course :eek: And now he was going to make a lot more in his pension because he took that course.

And he was BRAGGING about it. THAT is the type of thing you will be paying for w/ a SW license. And the license will go UP & UP & UP in price to pay these leaches pensions.

While most people are wondering how to pay there heating bill this winter.

got fish?
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
VOTE YES ON QUESTION #1

there's no other way for us to take back this state government.

Get it smaller so WE can get our hands around it.

billo
09-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Let's see a freshwater license, a saltwater license... oh yeah let's also get em for hardwater. Might as well have an icefishing license.:rolleyes:
Let's face it Ma. likes their fee's, fines and usage taxes. Look @ all the options on a sporting license with all the stamps, permits/tags.

I usually get the following... Sporting combo... fishing and hunting then i need a doe permit $5.00 a turkey permit $5.00 A wildlife stamp $5.00 (included I believe) an archery stamp $5.00 a primitive weapon stamp $5.00 (guess a bow and arrow isn't primitive enough) I believe there is also a migratory bird stamp.

So the bigger question is, will this be a seperate "saltwater license" or some other distinction within a non-commercial sporting license, such as a tag or permit or stamp.....(#$119).

bb1
09-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Let's see a freshwater license, a saltwater license... oh yeah let's also get em for hardwater. Might as well have an icefishing license.:rolleyes:
Let's face it Ma. likes their fee's, fines and usage taxes. Look @ all the options on a sporting license with all the stamps, permits/tags.

I usually get the following... Sporting combo... fishing and hunting then i need a doe permit $5.00 a turkey permit $5.00 A wildlife stamp $5.00 (included I believe) an archery stamp $5.00 a primitive weapon stamp $5.00 (guess a bow and arrow isn't primitive enough) I believe there is also a migratory bird stamp.

So the bigger question is, will this be a seperate "saltwater license" or some other distinction within a non-commercial sporting license, such as a tag or permit or stamp.....(#$119).

"ice fishing license"....don't give them any ideas!
You may think it's funny today, but you would say that I was a crazed alarmist if I told you 20yrs ago that we wouldn't even be able to have a smoke while you sipped on a beer!

And I am told today by the Governors office that the recent Supreme Court decision on the Second Amendment does not apply to Massachusetts.