PDA

View Full Version : Buzzard's Bay Weather?

Northern Spy
09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
I canceled my outing this AM due to weather forecasts, but sitting here inland, things don't seem so bad. Weather reports show little wind, but surf warnings. Anybody been out today for a 1st hand report. Thinking about taking the boat out of Westport in the AM on Sunday?

I'm wondering if the storm has clouded up the water and turned the bite off?

DonW
09-27-2008, 03:32 PM
FWIW I went down to dock at Westport Harbor. The seas looked relatively flat (doable) outside except there was some decent surf on Horseneck and the watewr near Knubble looked a bit nasty. i think today would have been OK-care is needed at the mouth and maybe you would have been soaked from some of the passing rain showers- some were heavy but brief- there was little wind near shore tho the BB buoy is now showing winds greater than 10 knots etc. Tomorrow is probably going to be far more windy with the potential for heavy rain. Good day to stay in port . . .

maineguideman
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Same here the weather report was calling for heavy rain 15knt winds and 3-5 inside I woke up at 5 am the wind was calm no rain??? We went out for about 5 hours The river was FAC and the wind was deam calm?? There was a decent swell on but nothing outrageous. There was alot of debris in the water?

Bruce H
09-27-2008, 04:35 PM
(#$119)

Go figure It's pretty glassy out there

Frankie G
09-27-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm going tomorrow. Screw it. In about 6 weeks I'll be sitting on my couch kicking myself for not going when I had the chance. I'd rather go and get wet than sleep and not know what was around. I imagine it will be rather quiet. I drove from Hingham to Swampscott today and it looked pretty much FAC, esp up in Revere and all along Wollaston beach. Dead. The way my luck has been, I always choose the bad weather day this season...so I am going.