PDA

View Full Version : Want... some, can-dee?

Too Fly
10-05-2008, 05:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/HouseHead/Fishing%20Pics/BabyPolarFiberCandy9-29-08.jpg

I tie them on Size 2 and 4 Tiemco 800S hooks.

Thanks,
Paul

Markymark
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
NICE ! What did you use for the body(hair) ?

Too Fly
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks Maaarky! I used white, chartreuse and baitfish green polar fiber. You can't see it in the pic, but I also wrapped the latter half of the shank with silver tinsel flash to mimic a stomach. That also adds a little sparkle too.

Markymark
10-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Okay, Thanks . Seems like nobody north of Boston sells " Polar Fiber" I been looking for that stuff for few days,...can't get my hands on it.

Duckonthefly
10-06-2008, 05:06 PM
stone river outfitters in bedford nh carries that stuff they have one of the best tying selections i have seen

ruge13
10-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Good to hear you on the radio Sunday Paul.... haven;t heard from you in a while. Nice colors..

Too Fly
10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Good to hear you on the radio Sunday Paul.... haven;t heard from you in a while. Nice colors..

Thanks about the fly Ruge! Yeah, wish it was me you heard. Seriously, I wasn't out Sunday. I haven't been out in over about two months. --124-3 I think there's an imposter out there claiming to be me. I get that a lot. (#$119) :brow

You can also get Polar Fiber at Rivers Edge Trading in Beverly, First Light in Rowley and the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, ME.

Markymark
10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Sorry about getting back to you late about the "Polar-fiber".( I was down at the Outer Cape Mon. thru today. Bluefish,bluefish ,and more bluefish. ) I tried RiversEdge,Kittery Trading Post,First Light last weekend, they did not have it .
So , now it looks like I will be ordering it online.

Too Fly
10-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Weird. I picked some up from Kittery a couple months ago on the way back from work and they had plenty in stock. Did they not have the particular colors I listed or none at all?

BTW, saltwaterflies.com has always been GREAT in a bind. They're n western MA. Check them out:

http://saltwaterflies.com/

Markymark
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
You may be correct about "saltwaterflies.com" I have dealt with them just recently(last weekend).Fast in the delivery (mail). So it goes ,place another order with them,....I can hear my wife now,..."Another order? Again ? GEE Whiz"

Too Fly
10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
I just tell mine, whenever she asks, that I needed a few things that the local shops didn't have. I'll throw in how it's cheaper to tie flies than to buy them and an occasional "they were running a special," works too. ;)

Markymark
10-12-2008, 10:54 AM
I found some,...at Surfland on my way home from Maine ! All set.

S.Eelman
10-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I've used that Polar Fiber numerous times and it is Quality Stuff... Makes really sweet "Pinhead" Chovy patterns for So Cal Bonito....

I'd guess you Epoxied the Head... Too smooth for Tuffleye (which I've found out Does Not hold up as well as Epoxy does if one bounces the fly off a rock during the Retrieve).

Looks Really Sweet....;)

DEAN ~~~