PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: used Simms G3, Patagonia SST or Orvis Tailwaters wading jacket

Thermoklein
01-12-2009, 09:04 AM
I'd been hoping to step up to a first-rate wading jacket for the coming season but between the Christmas bills and the baby expenses, shelling out roughly $300+ for one of these (new) seemed a little too selfish. Is there any chance that any of you folks might have such a jacket for sale? (ideally Large; I'm a size 43 sportcoat)

I don't mind obvious signs of wear as long as the thing is intact and not beat up badly. Preferably in a green/sage or olive/grey color. Right now I use a $5 PVC jacket from Dick's and while it's been surprisingly adequate, it's only that: adequate.

If anyone has a solid jacket and wants to sell it without the hassles of eBay, I could be very interested. Just drop me a PM.

Thanks!

Eddy Merckx
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
I've been using a Redington Bow River jacket for the past year. It's not a G3, but it's a good jacket for 1/3 the price. On sale now at Sierra Trading Post if you're interested.

GULFSTREAM
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Might be worth checking out the patagonia web page and look under web specials. Might find something there for a steal.

Adrian

Thermoklein
01-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback, fellows. I kept digging online as suggested and by chance found a small fly shop in the far West that was discontinuing their supply of Tailwaters jackets. I got the last one they had for an amazing $99 with free shipping to boot.

Sometimes you get lucky!

--127-3-

1ife
01-17-2009, 01:21 PM
I have a tailwater jacket that i may get rid of. I believe its a large, and olive. its not the newer versions but I think 2nd generation?

fleshfly
01-22-2009, 11:36 PM
I really liked the orginal tailwater, the newers ones aren't what they are cracked up to be. Luckily they have a great warranty policy, and I ship one back each year.