PDA

View Full Version : Scorton Creek on Cape Cod: Anyone got a current fishing report?

NausetDog
02-07-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm looking to fish corton Creek on the Cape tomorrow Sun 2/8. Can anyone give me a current fishing report? Is it iced over & unfishable? Also any recommendations on location to fish, flys, & tactics would be much appreciated!

Onshore
02-07-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm looking to fish corton Creek on the Cape tomorrow Sun 2/8. Can anyone give me a current fishing report? Is it iced over & unfishable? Also any recommendations on location to fish, flys, & tactics would be much appreciated!

That's a pretty fragile fishery this time of year and most are reluctant to publicize it. We fished it for years when I lived in NH and northern MA but no one shared info unless you had a friend down there. We just took our chances that it was fishable in Winter. Many times breakfast was the high point of the day.

Bob Parsons
02-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I sunday would be the day to fish based on expectant weather prediction. If there is ice, much of it would be lost today and the rest tomorrow. If I found some of the deeper pools fishable I would fish something small, white, and deep very slowly.