PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weekend/Stir Crazy/Open Water

joebe
03-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Just wondering if anybody can tell me if the Plymouth Trout Ponds are open? Specifically Long Pond, Fearings, Lout, or Little. I looked on the web and there is no stocking info yet, but if it gets as warm as they say I might go just to try for a leftover. Anything to get out and fish.

sasatur
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Long Pond is open, although with a southwest wind this weekend it's going to be tuff to fish!

joebe
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks, might have to talk my Dad into trying it. That wind doesn't bother me to much, in fact I actually like that wind there. I ususaly fish out of a pontoon boat. That southwest tends to push them up on the beach near the ramp. Get about 50 yards off the beach, put the wind in your back, cast at the beach let it sink and crawl it back real slow. Just gotta open up the casting loop so you don't hit yourself in the back of the head with the Woolybugger.

captmike
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Anybody get out last weekend? I wish I could have it was probably a nice time.:-%

RIBill
03-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Sat report: yakked and flyrodded a small pond in southern Rhody. Used a yellow snakefly with a red head, trailing behind a wooly worm dropper. A half doz crappies, a sunny and 3 pickerel provided the action. Takes were about equally split between the 2 patterns. Nice to have a hook-up and tightline. Would've been better on the 3wt than the 5wt. No largemouth. Trout waters in Rhody are closed.
Bill

Slappy
03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
The warm weather got the bass a bit active. No big fish, but it was nice to get out in the yak and hurt some fish.