PDA

View Full Version : Rissa Show

tuna wrestler
04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
RISSA Show anybody go and what did ya think??? anything new??

Ray
04-06-2009, 09:42 AM
I was there all day Sunday. As usual I thought it was the best show around.

As a vendor I wasn't a big fan of family day. Our booth was on the scavenger hunt list and we had kids swarming the booths all day looking for initials. I understand it was great fort he kids, but in many cases we couldn't even talk to people interested in the plugs.

Next years show may be on Easter Sunday as there are already scheduling conflicts!!!

Vitamin Sea
04-06-2009, 10:29 AM
I went Saturday. I got a lot of information and ideas. Not too many products for sale at discounted prices. One thing was quoted at $5.39. I said how 'bout 5 bucks and nearly got my head chewed off. Definitely a worthwhile trip though.

Fish Farmer
04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Went to the show on Sat and spoke to just about every vendor and hopped on nearly every boat. Had an enjoyable, relaxing time.
Ray, what plugs do you sell?
I regrettably did not buy components for a new trout rod. I don't recall the name of the business but there was a vendor with tons of blanks, handles guides, etc for cheap money. Oh well.
Met up with some buds from BioEdge and went for a beer after at Stickey Fingers.
Look forward to the show each year and this one was just as much fun as always.

Slappy
04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
It was worth the cost of admission for me. I spent part of the time talking plastics with Mike Hogan and the rest of the time talking about tupperware with the kayak crew.

I didn't visit many booths and walked out with only 1 needlefish. I wanted to look around more, but ran out of time.

One better than family day, I dropped the wife and kids at the Providence Children's Museum. They had fun and I had fun (which would not have happened if we all attended the show!)

Ray
04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Ray, what plugs do you sell?

The Lonely Angler.

I've known John & Ben Wilson for several years and happily work at their booths during the various fishing shows. I test many new designs during the summer and fall before they're introduced at the winter shows.

The quality of the plugs is first rate and the line of Tuna gear is expanding each season.

eatfish
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
We enjoyed the show on sat. My daughter did the scavenger hunt and it worked well for me. Ordered a custom Spin Tuna stick from Bob @ Local Hooker. He was showing off a swivel / roller tip. Pretty neat, it kept the roller in the proper spot no matter what direction the line was being pulled.

DAQ
04-06-2009, 06:19 PM
I spent Saturday afternoon there with the wife one kid a brother and a friend.

RISSA is my favorite show of the year and I usually find decent deals and vendors willing to negotiate because it's the last of the year. This year was no different.

I picked up a 7' med heavy G. Loomis stickered at $220 for $75. My brother got a Loomis Pro Blue for $100.

I also picked up a few lures.