PDA

View Full Version : Swampscott - Nahant area request for assistance

Garym
06-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I fly fish the Merrimack - Plum Island area, however I am spending more personal time in Swampscott now. I'm seeking some suggestions to wade fish the Swampscott - Nahant area. I also have a friend interested in trying saltwater fly fishing and areas good for small Schoolies would be perfect for her. I appreciate any assistance as I'm not from the area and don't know it at all.

Thank you!

Onshore
06-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I used to fish that area frequently via my boat. We often saw guys wading the flats to the west of the Nahant causeway. Also, there is a reservation of some sort on the ocean side of Nahant and often we saw folks fishing off the rocks there-but no place to wade out there. Saw folks taking Stripers and Blues of all sizes there.

SquidHoundah
06-15-2009, 11:54 AM
There some spots near Deveraux beach in Marblehead, where you can cast from the rocks. At low tide you could probably wade out to "the reef" that as toward one end of the beach, near the causeway.

Other rocks are at Marblehead Light, or Castle Rocks, both have public access.

z-drive
06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
There some spots near Deveraux beach in Marblehead, where you can cast from the rocks. At low tide you could probably wade out to "the reef" that as toward one end of the beach, near the causeway.

Other rocks are at Marblehead Light, or Castle Rocks, both have public access.

i've only fished them limited amounts but i know from first hand accounts devereaux is quality. probably a morning/night type deal though.

Jacob K.
06-16-2009, 03:59 AM
if you can get a kayak there is great fishing between deveroux and salem