PDA

View Full Version : How's it been on Plumb Island and Jobba?

mconnole
06-16-2009, 05:22 PM
I could be hitting the area on Thursday morning. Wondering how the action has been.

Thanks in advance. I'm either fly fishing or spinning, I'l have both.

--username-deleted--
06-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Plumb and Jabba are doing OK, as you can see.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/404px-Plumb_bob.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/2564925_JabbaTheHutt.jpg

As a side note, can't speak to Plum Island proper, but Joppa and the mouth have been producing some nice fish.

Apologies; I fought it but could not resist. :)

mconnole
06-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Nicely stated and wonderfully illustrated!

Thanks, I intend to hit both spots.

--username-deleted--
06-16-2009, 09:36 PM
You bet, and thanks for being a good sport. Some folks here are pretty humorless. ;)

I'm heading out for the first light bite (hopefully they'll be biting) tomorrow. I'll post on how we make out.

Cheers,

L

Markymark
06-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Are you going fishing ? Or you going to "make out?"--125-3

--username-deleted--
06-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Are you going fishing ? Or you going to "make out?"--125-3

Fishing is the priority, but I'm somewhat flexible: if a 50 pounder wants some love, I'm open to experimentation. Once I remove the gaff from her face and she hits the deck, of course.

I'm a cunning linguist, after all...

mconnole
06-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Being a good sport is what it's all about. I can only hope your future is lined by many 50+ pounders!

And thanks for the update. If cocktails don't impair my early morning adventure on the north shore, I'll be enjoying some wonderful fishing in a place I could call home before I have my first cup of coffee at, oh whatever!

Go get'em!

MacCTD
06-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Went out Saturday, caught some bluefish drifting through the mouth, fished the flats by half tide rock did not catch anything.

nomadic angler
06-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Plenty of schoolies from Joppa to Deer Island with the occasional keeper. Wicked fun on the lite spinning gear.

bostoned
06-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Went out last night with the NE SW Flyrodders. There are fish around but they were being very picky last night. They were swirling around I think hitting sandeels. People were catching fish but it was very spotty. Someone would hook one here and 10 minutes later someone over there might hook one.

Had a couple monsters follow the fly but not hit it, very frustrating.

--username-deleted--
06-17-2009, 05:07 PM
OTW by 5:15 today with two buddies. Went to breaking rocks to join about ten other boats in a futile attempt at getting macks. Not a single one caught by anyone we saw. Pretty big swells out there today. Headed back in to the mouth area to try a few drifts. The boys caught a few dinks, and we saw a few others taken on drifts. There was some surface activity and birds working, but nothing really exciting happening. Did not see any legal fish boated. Always nice to get on the water, but it was a poor showing overall.

bunker
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Went out last week and hit the night tides. Sunday, 6/7, managed one fish @ 40". Nothing on Monday night except for some serenading by the coyotes. Wednesday hit the low in the afternoon. Tried by the Captains and worked my way out to the Beach front. Managed one 10" fish on the beach. Hit Joppa 2hrs before low . A lot of chop and very dirty water from the stiff East wind. Nothing for my effort. Hit Joppa again Friday afternoon right after High and had good luck on a blue & white deceiver. Several fish to 24". About 2 hrs into it the bite slowed. I switched over to a crease fly on a sinking line and on the 2nd or 3rd cast I had a heck of a hit. The fish ran off about 50 yds of line before I could slow her down. About 5 minutes into the fight the hook pulled never caught a glimpse of the fish. A couple of more smallish fish and I was done.
Was going out early Sunday am just before high but we know how the weather was then so that didn't happen.

Mike D.